trx 2.5 wont start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racer8

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have jato trx 2.5 and it wont start. it turns over fine but doesn't seem to fire. I have changed glow plugs and cleaned the one way bearing anyone have any ideas?

If it still has the ez start system then you need to check to see if its allowing the glow plug to glow. Take off the blue wire, take out the glow plug and then attach to blue wire to the plug. Then turn on the ez start and the plug should glow. If its not glowing then the blue wire is shot and you then need to purchase a glow warmer. It's very common that the blue wire goes dead on the ez start system.

I just posted this in the TMaxx Section for someone having similer problems.

It is hard to test your glow plug with the blue wire but possible. Disconnect one of the leads to the easy start motor. Use a burst of Nitro Cleaner to clean around the plug before removing it from the engine. Remove the glow plug and hold it against the side head of the engine wear the aluminum is exposed and not on the blue anodized sections. Then press the easy start button. The glow plug should glow bright Orange or almost Yellow. Glowing Red it is getting a little weak or no glow at all means the filiment is broken.

Since you just installed a new glow plug no glow at all would probably mean that the 1.5Volt voltage convertor on the EZ Start system has gone bad.

Investing in a Glow Igniter is a good investment and they cost about $15.00 bucks each than much cheaper than buying a new EZStart Stick. I did away with my blue wire many years ago.

Last edited:
I have already replaced the blue wire and the glow plug glows fine. Do think old fuel could be it?

It depends on how the fuel was stored, what conditions the engine was ran in last time, and how the engine was stored.

Is it getting fuel? If it is getting fuel try leaning the lsn a little bit and checking to make sure the idle gap is set properly.