trx.15 wont start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathan88561

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
please my trx .15 in my tmaxx will not start out of about 50+ pulls i get maybe one pop but it never starts. so fare i have done the following
replaced fuel tank and lines.
replaced carburetor.
replaced engine gaskets.
replaced glow plug.
replaced glow plug igniter.
replaced air filter.
replaced pull start and one way bearing.
reset engine back to factory stock settings.
rebuilt engine and gave it a good cleaning.
i assure you that fuel is getting into the engine when i take the glow plug off and crank the engine it spits out plenty of nitro. the engine looks perfect inside and out not a single crack or even scratch on the inside. please help me I'm getting very tired of not being able to run my beautiful tmaxx. this is also a brand new engine i broke it in ran about 2 tanks through then it went out of range and crashed full speed into a mailbox. cracking the gas tank breaking the steering servo and 2 a arms but i have already replaced all that and since that wreck i haven't been able to start it and its getting to be a huge pain in the butt:angry:

When you rebuilt the engine did you reinstall the con-rod in the proper direction.

Idle gap?

I'd check that also. My neighbor just bought his son a buggy, yesterday I looked out the window and I saw them yanking and yanking on the pull starter with no luck. So I walk over and tell them to take the air cleaner off and check the gap. It was closed, a quick turn of the idle screw and it fired right up on the second pull.

I'd check that also. My neighbor just bought his son a buggy, yesterday I looked out the window and I saw them yanking and yanking on the pull starter with no luck. So I walk over and tell them to take the air cleaner off and check the gap. It was closed, a quick turn of the idle screw and it fired right up on the second pull.

no its in the proper position even if i have it fully open the engine wont start

---------- Post added at 9:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:37 AM ----------

When you rebuilt the engine did you reinstall the con-rod in the proper direction.
yeah I'm pretty sure i did (flat side to the back of the engine right?) ill take it apart when i get the time.

If it spits fuel with the plug out its most likely flooded is it hard to pull over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hmmmmm yeah if it's spitting fuel out the head after taking the glow plug out is does sound flooded ! , if it was me I would get the fuel to the carb , drop just a little bit of fuel into the head and use a HOT glow plug and give that a go ! Also if your using a drill to start it then just give the throat a little pull while turning the engine over ! If all else fails ! Put a new motor on your shopping list and save your self the pain in the back side ! Good luck !

Be sure to check your flywheel is seated on a new collet. If it's not properly tight, it will spin inside the flywheel. Motor will "pop" but not run. This happened to me and took some time to figure out. Well worth checking. P.s., I never reuse the lil brass boogers twice now!

Back