TREAL Brass Outer PORTAL COVERS For the FMS FCX24

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rccar4life

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
  5. Boating
The FMS FCX24 might be one of the hottest, new, small-scale R/C crawlers on the market today. If you have one of these tiny trucks tucked away in your collection, you can now give it a handling tune-up thanks to Treal’s FCX24 Brass Outer Portal Covers.
C3900AD0-2E3C-489E-AA65-5555768064B8-768x768.jpeg

Weighing in at 18+g per cover, this looks like a great way to add some weight to the front, rear, or all four corners of your FCX24. Each brass portal cover features black powder coating with brass accents.

Priced at $19.98 per pair, these FCX24 Brass Outer Portal Covers are available for purchase at trealhobby.com.

https://www.bigsquidrc.com/treal-brass-outer-portal-covers-for-the-fms-fcx24/

I've already got a set of these on my workbench just waiting to get installed. :)

they must have AWSOME quality right ? I'm envy now

that black and brass line, / design is to die for.

NO1 design in this business. And the owner of Treal is a serious RC Guy. The best
I will some day make a Treal crawler build, all treal.

Treal just released some additional parts worth checking out. Metal suspension links (stock length for now, unfortunately), driveshafts, wheel spacers, steering links, and I think they made metal steering knuckles as well. Oh, and they also make metal portal gears. I suspect they’ll have a bunch more offerings shortly.

I picked up the portal covers and metal gears but haven't had a chance to install them.
I am a firm believer in cosmetics come first. Get her looking good, then take her out for a shag and find out where she needs improving 😜

I've already got a set of these on my workbench just waiting to get installed. :)
How do you like treal products? Where would one purchase them?

I have a few Treal goodies for my SCX24 and stuff on its way for the FCX24. They are very much respected in the SCX24 world for delivering consistently high quality parts at a slightly elevated price point, but still priced reasonably given the reputation for quality and flawless fit. I’m fully confident the parts they’ll deliver to FCX users will be built to the usual very high standard. They have lots of SCX24 products available on Amazon. The FCX parts don’t seem to have made it there yet, but their website is trealhobby.com and they’ve been introducing new FCX stuff every couple of days, probably a few weeks out if you order directly through them.

There is a bunch of Treal stuff on Amazon, or you can go directly to their website Trealhobby.com I put them in the same category as Injora, very nice quality for a reasonable price.

There is a bunch of Treal stuff on Amazon, or you can go directly to their website Trealhobby.com I put them in the same category as Injora, very nice quality for a reasonable price.
I saw the website, I was exploring my options. I was hoping ebay and hobby shops as with no credit card that is the easiest route......... and amazon is the hardest route atm. 🤣

I was building scx10s with mostly strc parts. The Axial line seems discontinued and alot of the brass is gone.

Guess I'm trying treal out as soon as I can find a source.

@Bunnspeed
Good to know, and looking forward to seeing some.

I saw the website, I was exploring my options. I was hoping ebay and hobby shops as with no credit card that is the easiest route......... and amazon is the hardest route atm. 🤣

I was building scx10s with mostly strc parts. The Axial line seems discontinued and alot of the brass is gone.

Guess I'm trying treal out as soon as I can find a source.

@Bunnspeed
Good to know, and looking forward to seeing some.

At the moment those are the only two sources that have any real stock.

Bump. As of now I have the Treal steering links and brass portal covers, along with glue-on nonbeadlock wheels. The steering links made a huge difference in sharpening steering response and makes the servo feel way more powerful since it isn’t using up so much of its punch in flexing flaccid plastic links. It also made the rig easier to balance on the ragged tipping edge when sidehilling. The only downside to them I’ve experienced is that they increase the likelihood the servo horn will slip since more impact energy is sent to the servo horn that would have been dissipated in link flex.

The portals made a huge difference in making this thing more stable. After heavier 1.0 wheels and top tier rubber, I’d say brass portals are some of the best performance adders you’ve can do for these things.

These 1.0 wheels are nice, but they don’t quite fit over the Treal brass portal covers. I found just enough extra clearance to make them fit by using a thick o-ring on every axle.

A8770F27-CDAD-4FA0-BDF3-61E0B167E16B.jpeg

7734593D-2287-42F9-8CF6-20E0054344D0.jpeg

8140DF48-97E0-41D6-9028-19696E61A6C9.jpeg

Back