Traxxas XO-1....100MPH!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
I just got back from HobbyTown USA and got my first look at that beast.
Other than a custom built motor, does anyone see $1200 there?

For me, not a chance. I have no desire for onroad, nor would I have anywhere to run it where i could reach those speeds. I can imagine paying for parts after a crash at that speed would get expensive. None the less, it is pretty cool.

Prolly pretty sweet in person I'm sure. But $1200? Not sure about that. The electronics gotta be a huge chunk of that though.

I couldn't believe it when he took the body off. Big motor, nothing else special. Short suspension travel, shaft drive to the front wheels and 4 nice heavy rubber slicks.
Apparently it also comes with the radio which had a few perks, but I still don't see it. It's FAR simpler in chassis and parts than the Tmaxx.

Yeah i just want the radio it comes with. You can dock your iphone to it and with the traxxas app you can realtime monitor your engine temp rpm and speed and servo performance. That would be nice to have just to monitor my engine temp whithout having to stop and laser it or push a button.

It would be the first onboard temp gauge to work correctly. I think they dropped the ball hard. The iphone app just seems like a gimmick to me. Besides esc tuning. Which most people set to their comfort zone and forget it. Just one more battery to worry about.

Yeah it's a total flop IMO. They should've designed a 1/5th scale gasser, a buggy/truggy, or new monster with a big block in it.

Yeah i just want the radio it comes with. You can dock your iphone to it and with the traxxas app you can realtime monitor your engine temp rpm and speed and servo performance. That would be nice to have just to monitor my engine temp whithout having to stop and laser it or push a button.

you can get them on ebay pretty cheap ..depending on how many channels you want

you can get them on ebay pretty cheap ..depending on how many channels you want

Was at my HS Friday and a guy brought the new system in (If its the same system = TQI I believe) and he couldnt get it to bind up to the car. According to the guy there this is the biggest piece of junk Traxxas has come out with (the radio) because they have had several returned for replacement cause they are breaking or not working properly

Was at my HS Friday and a guy brought the new system in (If its the same system = TQI I believe) and he couldnt get it to bind up to the car. According to the guy there this is the biggest piece of junk Traxxas has come out with (the radio) because they have had several returned for replacement cause they are breaking or not working properly

lol..thats probably why they are selling so cheap :hehe:

The new radio is having TONS of issues, my LHS had one that melted right where the dock is which just so happens to be where your hand is. I would be slightly angry if I just spent $500-$1200 on a new rig + the cost of an iPhone or iPod Touch and went to use it the first time just to burn my hand drop the remote and break my iProduct. This is definitely a set up I would wait on purchasing. Now they are adding more features to the remote, like the ones on the Dragster, but they need to solve the issues with the ones they have out. I know Traxxas will stand behind their product so if you do get a defective one they'll replace it but I'm pretty sure that doesn't cover the chop shops on E-Bay.

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

About the car though, HS across town has them and I think they look cheap. Traxxas could've done a much better job, the headlights could've at least been clear plastic instead of stickers. They aren't selling here so they put an add on Craigslist selling them for $950. Their add

If it was made by Tamiya it would be 2x the cost.......