Traxxas UDR, find the problem.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acidfly

RC Newbie
Reaction score
The UDR is my second Traxxas RC, my first is a Maxx. First off I absolutely love the UDR, 4s is fun but 6s just brings it to another level. Unfortunately though it runs 6s the parts arnt ment for 6s in my opinion. Everytime I take it out something breaks, it's not just me my co-worker also has the same issue with his. We don't bash hard on these they are ran in a big field with minor jumps.

Yesterday I was running out around just back and forth in the field and lost rear acceleration. Shaft was good, turned out to be in the axle. Got it apart and it was total destruction, plastic melted, bearings destroyed gears melted into the plastic housing.

I think this will be my last Traxxas

UDR

Attachments

• 20211229_131211.jpg
    20211229_131211.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 616
  • 20220114_095314.jpg
    20220114_095314.jpg
    428.8 KB · Views: 168
  • 20220114_095509.jpg
    20220114_095509.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 158
  • 20220114_100736.jpg
    20220114_100736.jpg
    534.2 KB · Views: 163
Welcome to our little corner.

I wanted one but stayed away due to complaints. There is a few similar kits, I think one is a 1/7 by kyosho, and Arrma just released this beast.....

https://www.bigsquidrc.com/arrma-1-7-fireteam-6s-blx-speed-assault-vehicle-rtr/

Maybe put that body on another chassis or scratch build one?

I agree with below, grease everything, and ditch the esc and servo atleast, or have a replacement ready.

Holly crap..first welcome.. hate to ask you this but did you go over the truck when you bought it.. because that is why I break down every rc I get.. you can't trust manufacturer for nothing. Looks like it was running on NO or super low on diff fluid.. I have a lot of traxxas vehicles.. don't really have any problems. I always break them down and check everything rite down to the last screw. The rc's are designed with weak points made to break.. but I replace the electronics first thing. And A arms shock oil gears.. then it's on sorry about your diff man thats horrible..
Welcome to our little corner.

I wanted one but stayed away due to complaints. There is a few, I think one is a 1/7 by kyosho, and Arrma just released this beast.....

https://www.bigsquidrc.com/arrma-1-7-fireteam-6s-blx-speed-assault-vehicle-rtr/

Maybe put that body on another chassis or scratch build one?
I'm trying to go old school build a kyosho pro XRT if I can find the parts. I got the Pro X buggy but want to build the truck now...

Holly crap..first welcome.. hate to ask you this but did you go over the truck when you bought it.. because that is why I break down every rc I get.. you can't trust manufacturer for nothing. Looks like it was running on NO or super low on diff fluid.. I have a lot of traxxas vehicles.. don't really have any problems. I always break them down and check everything rite down to the last screw. The rc's are designed with weak points made to break.. but I replace the electronics first thing. And A arms shock oil gears.. then it's on sorry about your diff man thats horrible..

I'm trying to go old school build a kyosho pro XRT if I can find the parts. I got the Pro X buggy but want to build the truck now...

Tje stadium truck? Looks sweet. I always wanted a traxxas srt. Might build one out of a rustler.

Sorry, this happened... that looks like a lot of damage. I think it might have overheated because of a seized bearing (or bearings) and lack of lubrication.

Back