traxxas trx4m on the way!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke66

Hardcore RCTalk User
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
i have a trx4m on the way! hoping to pick up any knowledge i can. i kinda have no idea what I'm doing (this is my first crawler). to be honest my first thought for upgrades was a 3s battery and brushless. lol yeah I've only bashed cars, never (well i tried once) crawled. this is gonna be tough lol. any ideas for upgrades would be good to know about. thanks.

Get smaller tools. Get a different transmission, if you want a different speed. And you can get weights for the front end. Just not too much as you can blow the motor. The trailer is kinda cool. Don't forget the lighted magnifying glass. And pointed tweezers. That will come in handy.

Last edited:
Have fun with it. What color and model did you get?

well it has arrived! i think it looks great with the proscale light kit. everything is so small though. i hope it never breaks lol
I'm so used to 1/10 scale, and bashing, so crawling is definitely new for me.

image0.jpeg

I put a set of the Canyon Trail tires off of the TRX-4M Defender on the Bronco, they work way better.

well it has arrived! i think it looks great with the proscale light kit. everything is so small though. i hope it never breaks lol
I'm so used to 1/10 scale, and bashing, so crawling is definitely new for me.

View attachment 164963
Nice rig. New toys are always fun. Good for you. I'm sure you will like it. Get smaller tools. Ha🥸

thanks tshimp! the trx4m came with smaller tools (really just the smallest size for 1/10 scale) so i am fine on tools... for now

hey! I've been looking for any way to have a light switch for the bottom fog lights. i havent found anything and was wondering if any of you guys have done it. it would be cool so that i could run it with no lights without having to pull out the cord.

P.S. the canyon trail tires are a huge upgrade! thanks doom!