Traxxas Slash suspension sag

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Either set of shocks are good but you dont have to replace the entire shock. Really all you need is stiffer springs and fresh shock oil. If you keep the stock shocks I would put the TiNi shock shafts on teh front as the stock Traxxas shafts are easy to bend.

Thanks for the overwhelming support everyone. I have some hot racing springs on order that are stiffer and ill pair it with some 50wt to offset the added weight. Parts are being shipped from the U.S so it may take a few weeks but ill definitely post an update when its back together.

Ok guys so I removed the shocks and looked at the oil. I have the aluminum shock caps installed and I noticed one was leaking slightly. The leaking one was down a little but the other is just about top full. I am picking up some 50wt tomorrow and will also try some more preload. I should also mention that I have the Tekno M6 driveshafts front and rear but nothing appears to be binding in the suspension. I have attached a pic of my available ground clearance using a spur gear as a reference. This slash is super low lol.
Heavier springs are in order. Those springs are so compressed they look like they belong on the front of a 2WD Mudboss. ;) I'm far from a knowledgeable RC person, but I bought shock sets to rebuild for racing my Mudboss and the red springs that came on them are WAY stiffer. I can't use those springs of course per the rules, but it really looks like the spring rate/weight is just too low.

At a guess I would say that some how you’ve leaked shock fluid, the spring can only do so much , take the rear shocks off the car, take out the stopper on the bottom, slide the spring off, hold the shock body tight turn the top cap counter clockwise open her up see if there is any oil in there , if not you’ll also need to figure out how or where it’s leaked from or they’re no point in putting fresh oil in

I had the same thing happen... Bought my son a Slash and I noticed it sagging a lot. I posted it here and everyone said to change the oil - I bought 50w and new shock cap ends and it still sags. I personally can live with it mainly cause my son runs it around the property, in the canyon and when we take the 5er out to the desert. BTW my son's Slash VXL is only 2 months old and sits just like yours.

I had the same thing happen... Bought my son a Slash and I noticed it sagging a lot. I posted it here and everyone said to change the oil - I bought 50w and new shock cap ends and it still sags. I personally can live with it mainly cause my son runs it around the property, in the canyon and when we take the 5er out to the desert. BTW my son's Slash VXL is only 2 months old and sits just like yours.
Oil doesn't hold the chassis up. The springs do. The oil just dampens the shock travel.

I personally believe those little shock are under rated for the slash. I've been hearing this alot. And I'm sure you have the preload clips in the rear shicks correct??? But oil won't do anything for the stance only compression. Need stuff spring rate

Back