Traxxas Slash Snap-On edition

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD546

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey all. I have an opportunity to pick up a Snap-On edition for a really good price. But the seller doesn't know anything about it. It was given to him from his took guy after spending over $40k on the tool truck. Does anyone here know what's under the body of those particular trucks?

The ones my snap on guy had were the brushed version. Do you know if it's 2 or 4wd? Those snap on bodies sell on ebay for good $$

Update
The ones my snap on guy had were the brushed version. Do you know if it's 2 or 4wd? Those snap on bodies sell on ebay for good $$
Waiting on the seller to get home and take pics. Just found out he has the 4 Tec 100yr anniversary edition Vett. And he's willing to trade my GoPro for. Looks like I just became a Traxxas guy after all! The pics he posted show not a scratch on either one. No boxes. No paperwork though

These are from his ad

Screenshot_20231210-211046.png

The one at the back of the pic is a Traxxas Slash Snap-on Edition. The other one could be a number of different kits.
  1. Traxxas 4-Tec 2.0 Snap-On Edition: This is a 1/10 scale on-road car known for its high speed and agility. The Snap-on edition features unique Snap-on livery, making it stand out from the standard models.
  2. Team Associated TC7.1 Factory Team Kit with Snap-on Body: Team Associated, another prominent RC car manufacturer, has released versions of their touring car kits with Snap-on branded bodies. These are more oriented towards hobbyists and racers who build and customize their cars.
  3. HPI Racing with Snap-on Bodies: HPI Racing, known for their on-road RC cars, has had certain models featuring Snap-on branding. These cars are typically detailed and aimed at both collectors and racers.

The one at the back of the pic is a Traxxas Slash Snap-on Edition. The other one could be a number of different kits.
  1. Traxxas 4-Tec 2.0 Snap-On Edition: This is a 1/10 scale on-road car known for its high speed and agility. The Snap-on edition features unique Snap-on livery, making it stand out from the standard models.
  2. Team Associated TC7.1 Factory Team Kit with Snap-on Body: Team Associated, another prominent RC car manufacturer, has released versions of their touring car kits with Snap-on branded bodies. These are more oriented towards hobbyists and racers who build and customize their cars.
  3. HPI Racing with Snap-on Bodies: HPI Racing, known for their on-road RC cars, has had certain models featuring Snap-on branding. These cars are typically detailed and aimed at both collectors and racers.
The seller mentioned that the truck and car have the same motor, The 12t brushed.
Maybe it’s a XO-1?
Definitely not the XO-1...
I couldn't get that lucky! lol.

in this video, it looks like the Snap-on version is a longer WB (3.0?) version of the 4-tec, unless there was a version shorter than the 2.0?

The seller mentioned that the truck and car have the same motor, The 12t brushed.

Definitely not the XO-1...

I couldn't get that lucky! lol.
Yeah, after doing some more research, that is a 3.0. The 3.0 was released with that 100th Anniversary edition body and a non-anniversary edition red Corvette snap-on body. The wheelbase for the 2.0 is 10.1 inches and the 3.0 is 11.8 inches.

Nothing really special about any of the Snap-on vehicles other than the body. They were only available through Snap-on dealers.

Like @Mrgoodwrench35 mentioned, it's the bodies that are collectibles.

Back