Traxxas Slash Snap-On edition

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update

Waiting on the seller to get home and take pics. Just found out he has the 4 Tec 100yr anniversary edition Vett. And he's willing to trade my GoPro for. Looks like I just became a Traxxas guy after all! The pics he posted show not a scratch on either one. No boxes. No paperwork though
I will buy your GoProw. If you let me? 🏁

the 3.0 never had body pins, except for the hot rods.
Ok, I didnt know that. I'm finding stuff all over the internet. Some of them say its a 2.0 and some say the 100th anniversary was a 3.0. The OP just needs to measure the wheelbase to find out.

the 3.0 never had body pins, except for the hot rods.
Huh? Same wheelbase as the 3.0.
What is the difference between them, 1.0 2.0 3.0 chassis?

I found this:
intro-larger.jpg

Last edited:
According to the Traxxas site (the pictures comparing the 4Tec lineup), the Snap-on car is using the hot rod 4Tec platform. I'm going off the placement of the steering servo. This causes an issue because I was going to put the Snap-on body on a shelf and just buy another body. But I can't find a body that'll fit the hot rod chassis AND allow a bumper. Cause let's be honest...not matter how careful we are, we still run into things in the heat of the moment. I know I do!

I'm picking up the rc's on Saturday and will know more.
in this video, it looks like the Snap-on version is a longer WB (3.0?) version of the 4-tec, unless there was a version shorter than the 2.0?

Thank you for this video.

My co-worker won the xmaxx with the snap-on tool truck body and got $650 out of the body shell alone. Not worth that to me but there are people out there who seem to think they are.

I'm not aware of a single tool that's 30k. Tool box, maybe. Their upper end scan tool is about 15k. The scanner I have was 5k. I had one of snap-ons largest tool boxes and paid 18k 15 years ago.

Snap-on is definitely the most expensive option for automotive tools but they do make the best hand tools. After 30 years in the field, I've collected about 150k In tools and equipment and about 75% of it is snap-on.

My grandpa and uncle use craftsman. And other tool brands here and there like harbor freight, ect. We too poor for snap on.

Last edited:
Snap-on isn't meant for the average guy that works on his own stuff under a shade tree on the weekends. More marketed towards those who make their living with them. It's nice that the truck comes to the shop once a week to take care of warranty issues and such.

Craftsman tools used to be a good brand. I started my career using craftsman stuff and still have a large amount of craftsman tools at home. Unfortunately craftsman sold out to an overseas manufacturer recently and now their quality is comparable to the stuff you find at harbor freight. I wouldn't buy craftsman anything that was made recently. And now The lifetime warranty, that still carries over from the prior owners, is pretty worthless. If one of my older good quality craftsman tools break, they give me junk chinesium tools in return. Pretty sad really. The craftsman stuff I see in stores now is just junk.

Snap-on isn't meant for the average guy that works on his own stuff under a shade tree on the weekends. More marketed towards those who make their living with them. It's nice that the truck comes to the shop once a week to take care of warranty issues and such.

Craftsman tools used to be a good brand. I started my career using craftsman stuff and still have a large amount of craftsman tools at home. Unfortunately craftsman sold out to an overseas manufacturer recently and now their quality is comparable to the stuff you find at harbor freight. I wouldn't buy craftsman anything that was made recently. And now The lifetime warranty, that still carries over from the prior owners, is pretty worthless. If one of my older good quality craftsman tools break, they give me junk chinesium tools in return. Pretty sad really. The craftsman stuff I see in stores now is just junk.
Yea the craftsman tools we got in the basement, since my grandpa is gone. His tool chest and most if not all of the tools are like 20+ years old. Have a craftsman air compressor in the shed too. Got it started during summer, turned on like nothing, worked perfectly. Hasn't been turned on in ages. Now just need to get the hoses and adapters and such to actually get air out. 150psi so its a big boy.
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/some-things-i-did-with-the-rustler-today.136273/post-1355122
I can find practically any tool I need in the basement, just got to search for it, and probably has been collecting dust for 20 years.

Last edited:
Old craftsman stuff is great. I have a few of their old tool boxes I use at home. I have some of my Dads craftsman hand tools from the 60's that get used often.

That's a nice compressor. I bet it lasts a long time.

I'm not aware of a single tool that's 30k. Tool box, maybe. Their upper end scan tool is about 15k. The scanner I have was 5k. I had one of snap-ons largest tool boxes and paid 18k 15 years ago.

Snap-on is definitely the most expensive option for automotive tools but they do make the best hand tools. After 30 years in the field, I've collected about 150k In tools and equipment and about 75% of it is snap-on.
I'll pm you. I couldn't believe it. When I looked it up all of them had call for price. A lil more digging and I found numbers. I live my snap on tools, buy I don't wanna sleep with them armed to my teeth.
Years ago I loved craftsman tools. When they took an American made and designed toool and tried to reverse engineer it I stopped. Dewalt also and a few brands I can't remember, I watched them all go downhill too.

My old man has a craftsman metal lathe from around the 40s or 50s....... among other things. I got lucky and started my snap on collection by finding tools people sat on the truck and drove off.

Last edited:
I got them! Time to get to work! The Amazon locker in my apartments are going to be coming up soon!

IMG_20231216_130914719.jpg

The list includes:
New body clips (missing a few)
Battery hold down for truck
Deans battery adapters (until I get new ESC/motors) these batteries are trashed
Body for the 4Tec 3.0 Factory5 Edition (longer then regular 3.0)
Receivers for both Snap-On to eliminate the controller confusion
Plus a few more things I'll find once I get started...
Not going to lie...I like the look of the Pro4 better...

Last edited:
if you like the Pro4 better, ship me the slash and we can both be happy 🤣
Not yet. I can't run the Slash yet. All my batteries have the deans connecters. The batteries they came with are done. I have adapters coming until I can get both ESC and motors upgraded. I'm not sure which one will be my favorite yet. What I do know is that both Snap-On bodies and wheels will not be ran. Those will be sold to the highest bidder. Or just put on a shelf somewhere and collect dust...who knows

The battery adapters came today and I got a chance to rip around my apartment today. 2s 5000kwh 45c is the smallest battery I have and boy was that thing slow! Lol...
I have a 3s 6600 120c I was thinking about throwing in there to see what this 12t brushed would do but decided against it...for now. I have a brushless ESC/motor on order so maybe I'll wait until that gets here before trying it.

Back