Traxxas Servos

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Willis

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've been thinking about upgrading from double A's in my receivers to using rechargeable and found some massively discounted rx lipo packs on amazon. I would be mainly looking at using it in my Traxxas Slayer Pro and i was wondering if the stock 2075 and 2056 servos can handle the 7.4 volts produced by the packs. I can't seem to find anything on the internet about the max voltage... I'm currently saving up for a Spektrum DX4S and I know those receivers can take the extra voltage, so i just need to know about the servos :)

Thanks
Ben

Usually the stock servos will work fine on the 6 volt packs. Most stock servos won't be able to handle the 7.4 volts of a 2s LiPo. In order to handle the higher voltage you'll either have to go with a voltage regulator or with high voltage servos from another manufacturer such as Savox or HiTec.

plus you're not taking into account that fully charged it will actually be putting out 8.4V instead of 7.4V nominal rating of the pack. if you're gonna use a lipo its best to use a BEC of some sort. otherwise use a 6V NiXX pack or a 2S LiFe.

Back