Traxxas introduces new Rustler 4x4 VXL

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Traxxas-Rustler-4x4-VXL-67076-4-front.jpg

Traxxas has just released news about their new Traxxas Rustler 4×4 VXL – a major upgrade over previous generations 2WD versions from yesteryear.

The new Traxxas Rustler 4×4 features a ton of upgrades and redesigns, such as the redesigned low center gravity composite chassis. The addition of 4×4, compared to the 2WD models the Rustler has previously always been. As well as a self-righting mode and clip-less body mounts.

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Wonder how different things are in it from a slash 4x4. Chassis looks narrow like a stampede. Wish they incorporated a roll bar to keep the body from cracking in half like the stampede does.

Plastic sliders and listed at a 65mph+ truck... yeah, for about 18 seconds, then the axles grenade. At the very least... those tires/wheels will work on my stampede. :) Guessing stampede mip axles will end up working on it. The front hubs look the same, can't see the rear ones very well.

I wonder why they made it. Makes it so they are kind of competing with themselves for the slash/stampede group. HPI used to have a couple variations of 4wd 1/10st's, but they are still hobbling along. Losi had the ten-t, not sure it still exists. They made the tenacity electric version which is kind of like the ten-t.

Still cool to see. A 4wd nitro version with a 2-speed trans would be awesome though. Something noone has.

Last edited:
Plastic sliders and listed at a 65mph+ truck... yeah, for about 18 seconds, then the axles grenade.
Which is why you can expect to see "Traxxas Performance Accessories" metal CVD's at or soon after the release of this truck - just as they normally do.

I got one of the prerelease rustler 4x4s. Went all out with it. Center diff with aluminum diff case and metal spur. Traxxas aluminum front and rear hubs. Kingheadz aluminum motor mount, HR aluminum steering assembly, traxxas metal cvds. Traxxas sway bar kit, traxxas gtr shocks, hitec 7955 servo, motor and esc fans, and stampede brush guards. I'm sure there was more stuff just can't think of it right now. Had a blast with the truck. Had fun building it.
The truck was fun to drive and it took a beating. Its fast and there is something about that sleek look that catches attention

Ended up selling it as I wanted something with a little more wheel base and ride height. Plus no matter how hard I ran my rustler my daughter would kick the crap out of me with the losi 8e running the make shift track in the yard. The losi is dialed and it had the weight and tire size to run through the grass where the rustler would struggle

Back