RCTalk is supported by our readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Traxxas has just released news about their new Traxxas Rustler 4×4 VXL – a major upgrade over previous generations 2WD versions from yesteryear.
The new Traxxas Rustler 4×4 features a ton of upgrades and redesigns, such as the redesigned low center gravity composite chassis. The addition of 4×4, compared to the 2WD models the Rustler has previously always been. As well as a self-righting mode and clip-less body mounts.
To power the new Rustler 4×4, Traxxas has equipped it with a Velineon 3500 brushless system, capable of handling 3S LiPo battery packs.
Traxxas Rustler 4×4 Specs
- Length: 18.78 inches (477mm)
- Width: 12.94 inches (329mm)
- Ground Clearance: 1.1 inches (27mm)
- Weight: 5.12lbs (2.32 kg)
- Height: 6.35 inches (161mm)
- Wheelbase: 11.62 inches (295mm)
- Tires (pre-glued): 4.5” x 2.3” (114mm x 58mm) Talon EXT
- Wheels: 2.8 inches (71mm) Black Chrome
- Speed Control: VXL-3s™
- Motor (electric): Velineon® 3500 Brushless
- Transmission: Single speed
- Overall Drive Ratio: 13.97:1
- Differentials: Sealed, 2-gear
- Chassis Structure / Material: Composite tub
- Radio System: TQi 2.4GHz 2-ch transmitter with #6533 TSM receiver
- Servo: Waterproof #2075
- Top Speed (optional gearing): 65+ mph with 3-cell LiPo and 20/54 gearing
You should expect to see the Traxxas Rustler 4×4 to hit stores in October for around $400. Part number for the Rustler 4×4 is 67076-4.