Traxxas forum

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I just dont know what to say:( I got in this hobby because I liked the people who were doing it, they always liked to help others get started. But I'm reading some of the posts and it sounds like some of us dont want to take the time to help the new people weather there young or old. I hate to tell every one but there is noway the same old questions are ever going to stop coming, I think the question should be are we the kind of people who are willing to help the new guys when they need it.

It may be, but in its last will it left an NLS request.
(No Life Support)

Originally posted by Hunter
Man I just dont know what to say:( I got in this hobby because I liked the people who were doing it, they always liked to help others get started. But I'm reading some of the posts and it sounds like some of us dont want to take the time to help the new people weather there young or old. I hate to tell every one but there is noway the same old questions are ever going to stop coming, I think the question should be are we the kind of people who are willing to help the new guys when they need it.

I agree with you Hunter, but that doesn't mean that I have to be thrilled when I see a question posted two or three threads above the same exact question. It just gets a little under my skin when people don't take the time to search the forum.

I am more than willing to help any and all people who seek help, if I am able to. Age, experience, etc. are not something that is readily apparent during intial encounters with new members. I just give information on what I know.

Its good to give help on what you know SkyMaxx, but truth be told if any one of us used the search botton on most older sites all or questions would be answered.

Oh and as for the same question being posted 3 or 4 threads apart its going to happen. That does not mean you have to answer one or the other if you dont want to.

True enough...I must admit that I have used the search button to great affect on the TRAXXAS site, but found it more convenient to ask the question again anyway. My problem is with the multiple threads within a line or two of each other that ask the same freakin' question...that is too lazy.

I think a lot of people like myself use a forum as a social gathering as well as a help tool. Some of the less mature users don’t know how to extract the info needed and get their social needs met as well. This is why I prefer this site, It seems to have a good balance

Eddy, you don't participate in Junkyard Wars do you? i saw an episode last night that had a fellow referred to as FastEddy (from CA)...they were building swamp buggies

The threads may not have been posted at the same time, but some one answered one and almost at the same time another person answers the other post then they end up right next to each other. So who would be at fault the guy posting the question or the guy who tried to help??? And what if person #1 is just finishing his post but has not hit the submit button and guy #2 has the same question and while he is typing it out guy #1 puts his question on the board then guy #2 finishes his question and puts it on the board. Which one is being lazy???

Whoa...back down Hunter. I am voicing my opinion, yet again. If you don't like it, I'm sorry. I'll keep it to myself.

Bottom line in all of this...as a community we all like to help someone who needs help. I think that is cool and endeavor to be active in that help. As a human being, I get irritated by things just like everyone else...I guess I just need to keep that irritation to myself...vice sharing.

Originally posted by Hunter
The threads may not have been posted at the same time, but some one answered one and almost at the same time another person answers the other post then they end up right next to each other. So who would be at fault the guy posting the question or the guy who tried to help??? And what if person #1 is just finishing his post but has not hit the submit button and guy #2 has the same question and while he is typing it out guy #1 puts his question on the board then guy #2 finishes his question and puts it on the board. Which one is being lazy???
There is the option fo the leadership to merge threads together. In a case like that I understand completely but in the care of pure lazyness I don't see. The there are 2 thread titled, "Where can I buy a T-Maxx," or something like that one started right now and the other started hours ago are the ones I think of in regards to dupe threads.

Actually neither one should back down or keep your opinion to yourself.

This is a good debate. No one is right or wrong. I think it brings up a lot of good questions and feelings.

Please keep going. Your debating not slamming each other.

No SkyMaxx I'm sorry. I like to hear your opinions and any one else who would like to add anything to this. If I offended you then I'm sorry. Oh and SkyMaxx dont ever keep to yourself it no fun.

If you're cool, then I'm cool...fights on, fights on...

In my book, the originator of the duplicate question is initially at fault for not searching the forum and seeing the original. Next I blame the forum mods for not merging duplicate threads. The two who responded at the same time are blameless...if the first two actions had been acted upon, then perhaps there would only be one thread for the two helpful posters to respond to.

As for coincidence of posting the same exact question at the same exact moment in time...if that were the cause of all the duplicate posts, then i should be able to win the lottery this week...the odds are against that happening, but if it did...then I hold the forum mods to the fire for not merging duplicate threads.

Hunter...to you

Last edited:
Sky, I would hold the member who were trying to help a little responsible for not pointing this out. I have time and time again just put a hyperlink to answer the question, a link to the previous time I answered it 5 minutes ago.

Hunter,
I can remember many a time I edited my response to a question saying “Wow Hunter you beat me to it.” (You must type faster than I do.)

IMO its your responsibility to look at your answer after it posted and make adjustments if necessary.

Fight I dont believe in fighting with an unarmed person but if you insist.

I think you should reread what I wrote if both persons are typing there questions at the same time how would a search help either one of them??? And as for searching I think that was already covered but Ill check. Yep the search part was already covered. Back to you SkyMaxx. Oh and were cool:)

Originally posted by FastEddy
Hunter,
I can remember many a time I edited my response to a question saying “Wow Hunter you beat me to it.” (You must type faster than I do.)

IMO its your responsibility to look at your answer after it posted and make adjustments if necessary.
What for, I prefer typos.

Back