Traxxas forum

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to change my shock oil. Can I use 10W30 motor oil?

How do you do the carb flip?
What hop-ups should I get?
Do I need a fuel filter?
How can I make my T-Maxx do wheelies?
What is the best pipe?
What fuel do you use?
Proline susp. kit or RPM arms?
etc, etc, etc

Last edited:
Originally posted by NCNitro

Kind of like your posts in any thread ;)

Oooooooooooo!!! That one hurt!!!! Matts, you gonna take that from him? Could be time for an e-wedgie!!!

I dont like some of the ego trips.

Originally posted by (Edit.. Guess Who)
Ron Paris (RC Guru R.I.P.) had done extensive testing of boost bottles and came to the same conclusion as I did, they look neato, but thats about it.

Wow! I'm glad to see he had followed in such great footsteps.
Let me see "your" research notes.

whats so dang bad about traxxas forums? the nly problem I see is 1/3 of the people are idiots, or concerned about their post count.

Originally posted by therczone
...the nly problem I see is 1/3 of the people are idiots, or concerned about their post count.

I think that about covers it...

There isn’t anything wrong with the site at all. Actually they should be commended for building a very high volume site. For a manufacturer this is a good thing.

Just imagine how many dollars they save each day on tech support phone calls,employees and the infrastructure to handle all of the traffic... The users all do it for free. I hope whoever thought of the forum got a big bonus.

I prefer quality over quantity. When I was a single man I would go to a small classy pub to meet people and avoid the meat markets. The "Factorys" offered everything but what I wanted, and that was to meet people and have an intelligent conversation without getting puked on by an under aged kid with a fake ID.

This forum offers a classy atmosphere and a great group of knowledgeable users.
My choice is R/C Nitro Talk

What I like most about the forums is that you can weed through the misinformation and find the answer to your question. You can do it a 10 or 2 in the morning or any time you want, long after customer support has been closed.

The only problem is that if you are new to the hobby, you may not know what the mis-information is...

So true.
I see this as a great opportunity to invite them to rcnitrotalk.com
When you see this going on, simply PM the user and let them know we can help them without all the riff-raff.

If we all do this we can breed a group of knowledgeable users and help them get the most of their computer/ R/C experience.

Give it a try…..

Good idea...I'll start doing that.

Now, every time I log onto this site I'll be paranoid if I have a pm.

I would rather be on this forum then be on the Traxxas forum !This one is WAY better !! Keep up the good work !

i used to use the traxxas forum all the time. i'm kinda new to this so naturally i have lots of questions. i don't have a source of info available to me here, i don't know any maxx owners and the lhs people just sell them, after that your on your own. i recognize alot of the names here and you guys were the ones that helped me most over there too. thanks for providing a great forum.

sidenote for fast eddy: i used to be "faster eddy" at traxxas. figured i better not use that name again!

Welcome to the board Grinch:)

Originally posted by Grinch
i used to be "faster eddy" at traxxas. figured i better not use that name again!

Good to see you here.
Its ok to use any name you want. But please dont steal X-Mass.

Yea, I think ole' Woodie is steeling all the good people. Maybe we should be a little selective on whom we invite!;) So far, it appears that the the little kiddies have not found out about this board.

That's what I'm asying Matts. And don't get me wrong, I didn't mean anything bad by it. I know of several youngsters that know a great deal about these trucks. I was just refering to the ones that ask the questions we've all heard too often. The ones that could be easily be answered by a search, but they're too lazy to do one.

The reason they haven't come over to this side, aside from not being encouraged to do so by us, is that they feel right at home within their crowd on the other "G rated" site...I for one am not cryin' about it.

WELCOME TO THE GRINCH! (Faster Eddy)