Traxxas forum

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because the screaming eagles changed from an airborne unit to air assault, though most of their members are airborne anyway and I believe they still get jump pay.

Yes we still got jump pay.

The reason for Air Assault was more for the smaller, quick-in and quick-out style. We used Heli's to get around. Which can be wicked fast and 'creep' into wickedly close hot zones. They can also be VERY quiet :x

Trust me, there is NOTHING more exiting than jumping from a Blackhawk Australian style in the middle of the night!

The spiderman carry is really, and I mean really cool! Consider this, your hanging from a line out the door of a heli and whipping by treetops at speeds of 50+ mph! Its a RUSH!

El Pirata, i never claimed to be a pilot...bad thing that assumption business...

Blackhawks are nice birds, man I'm starting to feel old back when I was in all we had were the good old Hueys ( not sure on the spelling) And as we all know there is nothing quite about them, but they got us in and out when needed.

Hueys were the ride of choice for air cav and they did an awesome job, and the Blackhawk is a great replacement for them.

Hunter, I was tired as all get out last night and got touchy when it wasn't necessary. I appreciate the compliments as they were intended, and look forward to our next debate.

I always liked the huey instead of the blackhawk for rappeling australian out of because of the skid.

I fast roped once out of a Blackhawk (as a much younger officer under training), I got my lifetime fill of that in one shot...decided to seek my profession elsewhere. Those of you who do/did that for a living have my deepest respect.

I alwasy like rappeling better than fast roping. My all time favorite is doing the spies rig out of a helo, especially being the bottom pair and getting dipped in the water. Cool Beans!

Figures you would like being t-bagged...when I went through some SAR training, I used to hate getting dunked...once you get me out of the water via helo hoist, don't put me back...I just want to go home and get dry...:D

Back