traxxas easy start problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimc

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was out with the Jato today and it started fine. After shutting down to make adjustments the cheezy start did not engage. I have a fresh battery installed and both lights on the wand illuminate brightly when button is pushed. After trying it several times it spun and then nothing. All wires appear well connected. Is this the sign of a possible burnt starter motor? I rotated motor slightly with a tool but this had no effect. The car has been run only for about a dozen tanks and is barely 2 mo. old.
I am in the process of putting a trx 3.3 in a used revo that came with a smoked os 18 and am wondering what type of starter I should go with? The EZ start is definately convienant but is it durable?

If the ez start motor is running but the engine doesn't turn over, the one way bearing is either dirty or broken. Usually just dirty. Clean it with denatured alcohol or 1:1 throttle body cleaner. Clean the crank shaft where the bearing rides as well. It should grab fine. Too much oil% in the fuel or a rich tune usually cause this problem.

I switched to a plug warmer and a pull start on my revo 3.3. The E/Z start didnt have enough umphhhh to spin the motor fast enough. If your motor is tuned right and you have a good glow plug, a pull starter works great.

The 3.3 motor and OWB are fine, the problem is the starter motor, thats where the lack of action is. Thinking electric motor is shot. No good reason for that though

I switched to electric, because I was too lazy for a Roto-start.... =devil

ole Nitro Nut

Hey the Roosta is back. Tried ya new fangled electric for a while but it just didnt quinch that nitro disire. Picked up a Traxxas Pro. Slayer a coucouple of months ago , wow theres love I been missing. Now I'm dustin off the Revo, I see a new .21 coming soon