Traxxas battery charging

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nsanti

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
I have just purchased a Traxxas slash 1/16 4x4 and I have a question about charging the battery. The battery that comes with it is a Traxxas id nimh. In order to charge the battery do I need a charger that is Id compatible, or can I just use my hobby grade charger.

I have just purchased a Traxxas slash 1/16 4x4 and I have a question about charging the battery. The battery that comes with it is a Traxxas id nimh. In order to charge the battery do I need a charger that is Id compatible, or can I just use my hobby grade charger.

If it is just the stock ni-cad batts ,then I don't see why you can't ,as long as it is the same cell count juice that is
going into the batts ,if you are looking for a faster charge!

I never use the stock chargers ,I always use the after market fast chargers on all of my receiver batteries!...:cool:

If it is just the stock ni-cad batts ,then I don't see why you can't ,as long as it is the same cell count juice that is
going into the batts ,if you are looking for a faster charge!

I never use the stock chargers ,I always use the after market fast chargers on all of my receiver batteries!...:cool:

so it’s ok just to set the charger to nimh and to charge it at 2 amps? Also I heard that 2 amps is the standard charge rate for all nicd and nimh batteries, is this true?

so it’s ok just to set the charger to nimh and to charge it at 2 amps? Also I heard that 2 amps is the standard charge rate for all nicd and nimh batteries, is this true?

It should be ,just monitor the battery an keep feel of it so it don't get too hot!

I use a Dynamite charger that detects a full charge an automaticly shuts off ,all you have to do is find a plug to match
your battery ,I usually make my own!

This is my charger ,I think that I payed 20 bucks for it used about 8 years ago ,I use it for rec. packs & c size batts!

You either need a traxxas id plug adapter or I know you can use alligator clips they will fit in the charging end of the ID plug to charge. this nimh is only 1200mah..so I would not go above 1.2amp charge rate...Id slow charge the 1st time at .o1 mah to condition cells. then dishcharge to lvc cutoff...at 1 volts x 6 cells.so 6v..i would then charge at 1/2 amp increase till I hit the 1.2 amp rate yes this will take some time but if you

I have a Traxxas Slash 4x4 and i have NIMH batteries. For my charger i use a DNYX 245 balance charger with 2 charger outputs. It is compatible with lipo,life,nimh and, nicd batteries. Two output battery charger with built in balancer. and more.