traxxas Bandit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charliec1974

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm buying a used Traxxas bandit for my son for christmas this year... The guy who owned it did nt use it but a couple of times. ITs a model #2406. He says it runs lioke a brand new one but batteries he has only last 5-10 min. They are 7.2v and are 1500mAh. I have seen 7.4volt batteries that are like 4200..mAh. Any help would be appreciated. If there are after market parts or enhancements for these older ones i would love to know what i could do to it. This will be me and my sons first one to enjoy together and I have been told this will be a good one to start with....

Thanks

Suggestions and help can also be emailed to [email protected]

If you put in a good lipo you can get up to 20min run time. Larger the mAH longer it will last.

It should be a great first truck for your son. Higher capacity (mAH) NiMH (Nickel Metal Hydride) batteries will give longer run times and are not really too expensive. I suggest 3 good packs and a decent quick charger. A good charger that does LiPo (Lithium Polymer) charging and balancing is a good way to plan for the future.

Like Hamz & jacks stated the Higher Mah's will give you added run times..

Traxxas Bandit's are good 1st timer starter trucks / my neighbor just got a Traxxas Bandit VXL off Towerhobbies.com.. & he got his bandit as a way of not taking his Rottie out for long walks & just goes out back & lets his rottie chace down the bandit & allows the dog to get pleanty of excerise I gotta admit it's a blast and lot's of giggles to see his dog chace down the Bandit A few times the dog catches it & bites the body & my neighbor said he doesent have to retreve the car his dog takes care of that for him LOL...

As with any STOCK Rig that are pretty much upgradeable check with your HS & see what parts thay have on hand for a Bandit or if you know what you want to upgrade most HS will order it in for you. I know for a fact my Hobbytown USA store doesent carry Bandits & or upgrade parts for it but thay have no problem ordering parts in for any Rig if thay dont stock it

thanks for the help... another question i have is can you change from NiMH batteries to LiPo batteries without damaging truck or charger.... or am i just spinning my wheels and can't get LiPo batteries in 7.2v.....

Also may have the chance to but a Nitro RC10GT plus.. He wants to sell me both in a package deal... I realize both vehicles are older models but can I still get aftermarket parts or upgrades for them.... Any info will be helpful thanks.....

if it is the older model then there probably is not a low voltage cut off for lipos. but if it is the newer model with the xl5 esc then yes you can use lipo batterys no problem, just make sure that the low voltage cut off is set so the esc has a green light on. as for a charger most chargers will charge nimh and lipo batterys, ust make sure that when you buy it that it says lipo.

I would not recommend LiPo batteries for new drivers. NiMH packs (either 6 cell (7.2v) or 7 cell (8.4v)) are fine. NiMH packs are easy to come by and easy to care for and so are great for beginners.

Bandit plus 3s with belted radials = :D

IMAG0636_zps376fd37e.jpg

IMAG0666_zps1ac41804.jpg

Back