Transmitter for my Sailboat ( X & Y Axis Gimbal only? )

• Thread starter Susquehanna River Rat
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susquehanna River Rat

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Scale Builder
  2. Boating
This is really my first "Big Time" adventure into RC Sailboats but I did build one many years ago. The problem I had was controlling the swing out of the main sail (Left Gimbal "Y" Axis) without moving the rudder (Left Gimbal "X" Axis). I would let out or pull in the line to the sail and if I didn't use an exact 90° or 180 ° straight line it would activate both the sail and the rudder. This could be to a "Disadvantige" in stronger winds. 🏊‍♂️
Is anyone familiar with a transmitter that has "X" and "Y" axis Gimbals only? The perfect transmitter for me would be a box with levers. One for each servo. Wish I knew how to make one.

answered this Question in 1st post on this boar refer to that and you had other give you same advice..

Last edited:
I had a sailboat once . Megatech Nirvana II. I had to replace the servos because the ones it came with were stripped. I decided to upgrade all the electronics. I just used an inexpensive 4 channel Tactic 2.4 ghz . The stick for throttle I used for the sail and the other stick for the rudder. I think it was channels 2 and 3. From what the OP described he was using the same stick for sail and rudder.
Sailing is fun especially if there are others to race with.

I had a sailboat once . Megatech Nirvana II. I had to replace the servos because the ones it came with were stripped. I decided to upgrade all the electronics. I just used an inexpensive 4 channel Tactic 2.4 ghz . The stick for throttle I used for the sail and the other stick for the rudder. I think it was channels 2 and 3. From what the OP described he was using the same stick for sail and rudder.
Sailing is fun especially if there are others to race with.
This model is a scratch built Chesapeake Bay Sailing Scow called "Elsie of Havre de Grace" and won't be much for racing. It will have at least 8 servos in her so I can sail her almost like the real thing.

Attachments

• IMG_20210830_104012_3.jpg
    IMG_20210830_104012_3.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 35
Back