Tranny case and input shaft is toast

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 2 cents: I'd say the heatsinks have a significant enough effect, they have a surface area as big as the rest of the case and are more exposed to airflow. Putting some thermal paste on the interfaces would help, for sure. But even without it, I bet they do carry away some heat. Anyone have a FLIR camera? :)
I have an infrared temp gun. But I am waiting on a battery capable of running the Tekin motor on our Slash. I bet if we ask nicely, we can get Grey to do some tests with and without the hearsinks. He loves that kinda stuff.

Apparently theres two different version of that tranny case. The one I have has a plastic housing and aluminum mounting plate and heatsinks. Mines old though so maybe the new ones are all aluminum now. I aint testing it. A) i dont care enough to do it and B) I'm swamped with work from my job right now. Normally I probably would enjoy testing something like that but I have way to many other projects that all need my attention too. I havent even been testing LiPos lately. We all know it works to some degree or another, How it looks is beside the point. Its a great tranny case regardless of whether it has heat sinks or not.

Back