Took out the stampede today, and crashed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andydrew39219

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Haven't been able to run it for a while due to weather and I got a chance today. Got it tuned and running, about 10 minutes in it started going half off the road, I tried to get it back on the road but it wouldn't go and I ended up hitting a large wooden flower pot on the side of the road. I don't think it will be that bad of a fix. The skid plate, chassis backbone and steering servo broke. Everything else is fine, including the tie rods (I was expecting atleast 1 to be bent.
photo17_zps3b55e394.jpg

---------- Post added at 2:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:36 PM ----------

Here's pic 2

photo18_zps6d4f58d0.jpg

I had seasonal saran wrap around the servo to help prevent any sort of water damage.

Hmmmmmmmm!!!!!! Looks like something I've done before on the mail box post, curb, flower box, bricks around the flower beds, the front wheel of my truck, the neighbors car. I almost got the stop sign post the other day with my 1/5 scale truck. (within 2 inches!) So I move out behind the house in the field where I though I was safe and at full throttle, I lost a screw out of the front wheel hub and it went rolling. These guys say if you're not breaking stuff, you're not having fun.

Well, it was about time I broke something. Thinking back of all the times I have crashed into stuff. I'm willing to bet that the chassis backbone was already cracked. I would like to note the steering servo actually works fine, it is just the tabs with the screw holes in them that snapped off. I am disappointed at the fact that they do not make the chassis backbone in aluminum. Why not make the entire chassis aluminum instead of having 3/4 of it aluminum? Does anyone know of a place to get an aluminum chassis backbone? I will probably need one when I toss the 2.5R in there.

Back