Todays pick up

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josephe29

RC Newbie
Reaction score
A friend from work used to be really into nitro rc back in the day and has given me a Schumacher xt storm (what I think it could be) with a ridiculous amount of new in the bag spares, spare tyres and loads of add ons including 3 shells one being brand new in the packet….

Now here’s the catch it’s got a dodgy pull start (easy fix) but could do with a clean up and I’m in two minds to buy it £75 and clean it up and pass it on to a vintage rc collector with spares or keep it for a shelf model as it’s pretty damn cool

Now maybe someone in here can confirm my thought but it’s a really cool 1/10th truck

467E568F-FAF2-47C7-A1DB-51C4FAC50486.jpeg

C6DB4197-80BF-441D-80B4-A2FD98D3F78F.jpeg

81C8A606-35C2-4B4B-98FC-F70D9C0CE889.jpeg

Nice find. Never seen across the chassis exhaust.

You and me both, from what I have seen online in good condition they look pretty damn cool he has told me to hold on to it and see if I can get it running and and decide if I want it

It looks like a Schumacher Nitro 21 XTR 3E Desert Storm but the XTR 3E has a 3 speed transmission on it. Not sure if someone jury rigged a single speed on that one because they couldnt find replacement parts maybe?

I would definitely fix it up and keep it as a shelf queen if it were mine :)

Was gonna say the same, the ways these nitro engines are mounted are limitless... very interesting.
Buy it, restore it, keep it!
It looks like a Schumacher Nitro 21 XTR 3E Desert Storm but the XTR 3E has a 3 speed transmission on it. Not sure if someone jury rigged a single speed on that one because they couldnt find replacement parts maybe?

I would definitely fix it up and keep it as a shelf queen if it were mine :)
I thought that myself, I may have a 3 way gear in the spares going to have a dig around tonight as didn’t get much time to look in the tool
Box, I intend to clean it up this evening anyhow, but I have seen a couple XTs with just the one gear but from what I can see it has a desert storm she’ll in the bag. It’s definitely a shelf queen for sure!

A friend from work used to be really into nitro rc back in the day and has given me a Schumacher xt storm (what I think it could be) with a ridiculous amount of new in the bag spares, spare tyres and loads of add ons including 3 shells one being brand new in the packet….

Now here’s the catch it’s got a dodgy pull start (easy fix) but could do with a clean up and I’m in two minds to buy it £75 and clean it up and pass it on to a vintage rc collector with spares or keep it for a shelf model as it’s pretty damn cool

Now maybe someone in here can confirm my thought but it’s a really cool 1/10th truck

View attachment 154154

View attachment 154155

View attachment 154156
Thats really cool. Schumacher is a good name. Interesting how the exhaust comes through center of chassis

Back