TLR 8IGHT servo torque???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamminHyaku

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a team losi racing 8ight 4.0 with a spektrum S6250 (0.13s 271oz-in.) In it, i also own a savox SC-1258TG (0.08s 166oz-in.) Would the savox be enough torque for the 1/8 buggy or would it strip out?

in my case i run a Hitec HS-645mg servo as my steering in my Monster GT .21 and a Hitec HS-646WP in my MGT4.6, both are 133 oz in at 6.0V.
i am running Pro-Line 40 Series Mashers and Integy 40 Series tires (similar to Bow-ties) on the trucks, for me it is enough turning, for hardcore and or racing situations id say go for stronger ones, but for my bashing they are holding up well.

166oz would be enough to steer, not sure I'd rely on it if your racing. Like @D3MON, I ran a HS-646WP in a 1/8th buggy for a while and it did ok, was just slow and you could tell it was pretty soft for steering.

I also ran a hitec 985MG for steering and it did better, 172oz .13s @6V. I use those in all 3 of my nitro's now for t/b (2 revo's and a savage X). I use one in one revo for steering and one for t/b. IT does fine in that. So I'm guessing yours should hold up fine in a 1/8th buggy as the tires are quite a bit smaller.

The savox might be a little under powered for a 1/8th scale buggy but also depends what you do with it. In my Losi 8ight xe I run savox sw1211sg
Witch I have no problems at my local track
208oz at 6 volts
347 at 7.4
Torque rating
.10 at 6 volts
.08 at 7.4 volts

Depending on where you look; what you read, and who you talk to, you will find all kinds of recommendations. Manuals sometimes give a suggestion to what kind of torque a servo should have. I know one kit manual says a 300 oz/in servo should be used ?. It never hurts to go overboard on servo power (unless power draw causes issues). My generalization has been to use a servo with at least a 200 oz/in of torque for 1/8 scale buggies.

Back