Tires ballooning too much!!!

• Thread starter Longtimetrxxuser0311
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Longtimetrxxuser0311

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
My traxxas slash 4x4 ultimate edition is having a few issues that are kinda annoying. The car was wheeling way too much on 3s, my solution was to add an rpm wheelie bar and that seemed to do the trick no more wheelie’s but now the tires are ballooning way to much and I had to cut away some of the stock body around the tires. The body sits way to high above the low center gravity chassis so it’s still catching air. Looking for suggestions on how to approach the body and tire situation. What tires are a good idea and what to do about the body. Any suggestions are highly appreciated thanks..

Auto stores have bead sealer (liquid rubber) get that and some 50lb test braided line and make your own lay one end on the bead edge lay it inside the tire paint it with bead sealer inside keep doing this id say 30 to 50 times with a spacing in between them you want the string to over lap the rim

to stop body from catching air i always put 4 holes 1" in front windshield and the cut out fake fans behind rear shock tower. can't make your own belted .gota buy them

to stop body from catching air i always put 4 holes 1" in front windshield and the cut out fake fans behind rear shock tower. can't make your own belted .gota buy them
That’s a good idea is there any way to lower the body

you can look for lower body posts or do dome custom Dremel work and lower them yourself.I've made custom body posts and done some cutting of original posts relocating body post holes when i wanted a certain look...I'm a firm believer in aircraft stainless steel safety wire with the pliers to use correctly..were there's a need sometime you do custom mods.

you can look for lower body posts or do dome custom Dremel work and lower them yourself.I've made custom body posts and done some cutting of original posts relocating body post holes when i wanted a certain look...I'm a firm believer in aircraft stainless steel safety wire with the pliers to use correctly..were there's a need sometime you do custom mods.
Appreciate the ideas thanks. You are right about being creative with it.

Pro-Line sells an adjustable body post kit for the Slash.

Belted tires are the way to go.

i have never seen belted 12mm wheels..

Is there any ?

I have 17mm convert my very old 4x4 slashes before and i did Gorilla tape 1/8 buggy tyres inside before glue them on discwheels.

I still Gorilla tape 1/8 buggy tyres to some 6s rigs.

My slashes i dont drive anymore, anyways gorilla taped 1/8 buggy tyres was good , no balooning i remember.
This is many years ago

Not sure if there is a difference between a regular Slash wheel/tire and a Slash Ultimate, but yeah, they make belted tires for the Slash.
https://www.powerhobby.com/powerhobby-defender-slash-4x4-tires.html

thats awsome

powerhobby is only in US sadly

we who live in EU have no seller :( shipping and taxes is high, not worth it sadly

ultimate is same

ultimate is like EXB
more options alu

v5 and exb, same wheels arrma,
slash 4x4 and slash 4x4 ultimate same wheels also,

Anyways these are antique today.
did not know they still make stuff to these

tires arent in 12mm size range the sizes are in inches .like 2.2 2.0 x30.so on.12mm reference is just wrong.

12mm is the HEX size. There are belted tired out there for 12mm hex - I run Proline Trenchers on my Rustler.

I have also wrapped non-belted X-Maxx tires with 500 pound kevlar string. For Slash, should be able to use 200 pound kevlar string. Just wrap it once around the outside of the tire, tucking the string into the tire grooves. Tie the ends together and a few drops of CA glue on the knot and in 3 or 4 other spots around the tire. This works ok and much easier than un-mounting the tires to use gorilla tape on inside.

Back