Tire Glue Probs

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waste Land

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
WEll time hs come to change the tires on my faithfull Storm. So i remove the stock tires and foams and I'm left with pieces of rubber along the glueing line where the original tire was. How do I go about gettin this rubber off before glueing my new tires on. You guys got any special tricks or tools u guys use.

Well i've heard you can boil the rim and that will neutralize the CA glue. I tried it and it didn't work for me....maybe it'll work for you.

Also, I think some people soak it in Acetone? Can anyone confirm?

There is a CA debonder which breaks down CA glue. Most LHS carry it, just ask.

Other than that a sharp exacto knife and a ton of patience can get it off. Don't recommend this route as it could end painfully.

Soak it in hot soapy water and then rub with a Scotch pad, a cellulose scouring pad or even steel wool. A bit of elbow grease and it'll soon be off. The wheel will be all ready and slightly roughened for the next set of tyres as well.
Acetone is pretty harsh, you might want to try rubbing alcohol first if you're determined to use a solvent.
Gosh I love chemistry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, Thanx for all the help. Try it as soon as I get back from the dentist. Oh yeah you know what means....I get nitrous......I mean....NOS!!!!!!!hahahaha..so the rest of the day..life will be good "anyone notice all the .... i put between thing....hmmm

Back