Tire glue on my Cell Phone Help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajames942

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey, i was gluing my tires and i put my cell phone down, and i get a text message and go to grab my phone and it didnt move lol. So now i have tire glue on the back of my phone and i can't get the battery out. Does anyone know what i could use on it to get it off.

lol that sucks man. Well it is super glue so I really dont know...

would fingernail polish remover work? or maybe it would just wear off over time?

thats sucks man but is kinda funny lol

It was on a wood table lol but the cover on the wood is like plastic printed to look like wood so theres also peices of plastic on the back stuck to the glue lol

Or pure Acetone - that stuff works great.

Don't use pure acetone! Unless you want to talk through a pile of plastic dust. That stuff will eat it alive. Try using goof off or goo gone, it'll take longer but you'll have better results.

Don't use pure acetone! Unless you want to talk through a pile of plastic dust. That stuff will eat it alive. Try using goof off or goo gone, it'll take longer but you'll have better results.

Yeah my pap said pur acetone will eat it away too lol.

Agreed! Acetone is used to melt plastic to bond two pieces together.

Also, acetone will remove any paint that is on your phone.

Odd, the acetone I use to debond tires doesn't eat the plastic rims..... I got it in a tin can from walmart for around $6 or so.

Odd, the acetone I use to debond tires doesn't eat the plastic rims..... I got it in a tin can from walmart for around $6 or so.

May not be pure Acetone then. Fingernail polish remover just uses a little Acetone in its chemical composition but is safe for plastic if used sparingly. Liquid plastic model glue is partly Acetone and if you ever used that stuff you would notice that it doesn't bond like CA glue. Instead, it actually melts the plastic into a bond--at least with polystyrene.

Last edited:
Y'know, when people text me and I'm gluing something they can just damned well wait for a reply until I'm done ;)

Y'know, when people text me and I'm gluing something they can just damned well wait for a reply until I'm done ;)

Now that classic right there!

Acetone by itself will not eat most plastics. It's used in glues an paints as an accelerant in the drying process.

Yeah, haven't had an issue with acetone eating through plastic. I have my wife pick up the 100% stuff at the beauty supply store. Comes in a plastic bottle. It will dissolve super glue after a few minutes depending on how thick the glue layer is. CA Debonder is just acetone gel, so it doesn't evaporate as quick as the watery stuff.