tire glue on fingers?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMAXX84

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
help me out guys this is driving me nuts. i was glueing tires this morning and have managed to get quite a bit on the hands. how do i get it off???

Soak it in 100% acetone. It will dissolve/soften the super glue. It's what I use to get tires off the rims. After 8 hours, the glue is completely gone. It takes so long because the glue isn't exposed very well, so the acetone has to eat through it and dissolve it.

On your hands, it should only take a minute or two to soften it up so you can wipe it off with a paper towel. A lot of nail polish remover has acetone in it if you don't have 100% acetone laying around. I keep about a quart of the stuff on hand just in case...

I've found that a blow torch will remove super glue very quickly, leaving only a fine ash that will rinse off.

I've found that a blow torch will remove super glue very quickly, leaving only a fine ash that will rinse off.

If this doesn't work, see if you can locate a buddy with a belt sander.

If this doesn't work, see if you can locate a buddy with a belt sander.

i prefer the butcher cleaver myself. 2 swings some band-aids and you are back to racing...:)

sorry couldnt resist...in all seriousness, acetone is the way to go. a few swipes and it should be all gone.

i prefer the butcher cleaver myself. 2 swings some band-aids and you are back to racing...:)

sorry couldnt resist...in all seriousness, acetone is the way to go. a few swipes and it should be all gone.

Ah yeah, I forgot about the cutting method... There's always the Ginsu 2000. If it'll cut through a tin can and then slice a tomato, it'll make short work of CA glue.

First you need to see if it's completely dry. Stick your hand in your pants, and leave it for about 5 minutes. If you can simply remove your hand, then it's dry. If you can't remove your hand, come back here and tell us, because we're all going to laugh our ass off.

I like Charlies advice the best - now I'm laughin!

I just remembered something hillarious. When I was in boy scouts, we had one guy severely damage himself in a similar manor. He was enjoying a tent to himself out in the woods, and having a jolly time. That night, he thought since it was dark and know one was around he would get a lil carried away. He just reached out and grabbed for a lil jar of hand lotion. He didn't know that some other guys had been in there sealing the tent with Seam Sealer 3000, and they had forgotten it in the tent. He grabbed the wrong jug. Needless to say, they had to carry him to the hospital and have the thing soaked in this chemical to get all the stuff off, man you talk about having an easy target to pick on!

Reminds me of that movie, Something about Mary... The "Zipper Scene".

Or you could go buy some super glue remover, or better yet it will just come off in time.... or tou could go with one of the many other ideas here it's up to you....

You could get some of this super glue remover http://www.hectorshardware.biz/shop/product.asp?dept_id=20202&sku=325856& or just wait for it to come off in time, or use one of the many other days they have listed here..

Back