Ti parts... Should I?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j0olz

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
as few of you know i work at an engineering firm. you may not care, but this makes governement quality material such as carbon fiber, graphite, titanium, steel, loads of aluminum and just about any other metal or material you can think of available to me. i also have unlimited accesss to 70,000 dollar CNC milling machines. i am an avid 1/8 scale buggy racer. i've been using these resources to make myself a completely aluminum gs storm pro. not one plastic part on it. well anyways, to the point. i might think about making parts for people for a very low prices. I'm talkin like shock tower for a buggy (titanium or any other material)= 8 dollars. give me feedback on whether i should or not. is my time worth it?

If you like making the parts and you like to help people save on parts then YES :banana: make the parts. Let me know if you start doing it.

in order for this to all work out i need to get some feedback on what people are looking for. also some popular cars/which would sell best

I have a buddy that makes machined parts for paintball guns, especially bolts. He spends countless hours working on paintball stuff and charges very little. I guess the point I am trying to make here is if you do start making parts don't get burned out on machining stuff, like he did.

but keep in mind that these are CNC milling machines, provided by the united states governement. i can make 20 suspension arms for a storm rtr in under 4 hours. your friend who makes parts for paintball was most likely using a manual mill, which would take forever. i just upload the program and hit start. and wa la 4 hours later, shiny new suspension arms:)

i wouldnt mek things for a t maxx. so many companies already do. too many to name. i would mainly do on road touring and off road buggies. o yea and monster trucks which dont have a lot a of after market support like the kyosho mad force or terra crusher.

I think the market you want to target is perfect. Its not saturated. There are quit a few parts that are a 'MUST UPGRADE' on the MadForce that will sell. I seen a balls to the wall MForce today. Still had some more work to go but was doing well. Used stuff from Lunnsford to stiffen the suspension and tighten up the links.

Go for it.

What software are you using? AutoCad? Solid Works? Both?

Did someone say Mad Force? Now that got my attention. How sweet would a Ti MF be? Some Ti wheelie bars, side plates, front bumper and body posts would do me just fine, in case you were wondering. I guess I would settle for aluminum if I had too.....:p

Trust me, there is a large group of us MF owners that are waiting in the wings to buy some aftermarket pieces.

i am using autocad. this is the only software which is compatible with our mills. tell me some parts which would be cool for mad force as well as some other cars which do not have much after market support. i have a large amount of responses from other mad force owners as well. and as for buggies. i already made some aliminum arms for my kanai and a heatsink head for my picco bp-01. now all i need is a digital camera to post these sweet parts.:banana:

the head for my picco drops the temps about 30 degrees, allowing me to lean the engine even more. i am now taking anodizing classess to learn to anodize different colors:)

j00lz,
Not trying to tell you what to do or get in your business, but be carefull not to lean your engine out to much. Just because the engine is now "cooler" with the different head, it doesn't mean that you can lean it down to get to the heat range it used to run at prior to switching heads. The engine still needs proper lubrication.

o totally reallize that. i am using fuel with 18 percent castor oil and 20 percent nitro. I'm really cautios about these things. i leave my bottom end needle rich enough so that it bogs. and don't worry about trying to tell me about what to do, i totally understand. o btw, does anyone know why manufacturers use so much aluminum, i been using a million different materials and their more effective than aluminum, what gives?

i have and hpi rs4 nitro with a .21 in it and i was wondering if you could mill me a custom exaust manifold? If you want to do it, I will draw it out to show you what i need....

Last edited:
Why wouldn't you make T-Maxx parts? Talk to WoodiE and maybe he could set up a store deal on the site for different parts. T-Maxx please