Brushless Durango DNX-408

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sixtysixdeuce

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi all,

Been a long time since I posted here, and I never really got out of the hobby, but recent interest from all the kids (4) and the wife has put it back front-and-center. I was surprised but happy that the lady would take an interest, so we got her going with a nice little 1/8 buggy rig. But wait, there's more.......

She also didn't want to just buy an RTR; she wanted to put something together, be hands-on and glean a better understanding of how they work. I found a pretty clean Durango DNX408 roller for $150 that needed minor repair but already had a battery tray and electric motor mount, so grabbed that. We managed to track down the CV boots and some other small parts that needed replaced, a nice aluminum housing MG servo, and scored a good deal on a Hobbywing XERUN XR-8 Plus 2600 KV combo. The Durango center diff setup is a little weird, though, and I didn't want to be locked into the extra long pinion gears, so we flipped the diff around and made a new brace from .080" 6Al-4V titanium since it could only be one-sided with the diff flipped and the OEM carbon fiber one with one side cut off wouldn't be strong enough.

It came together really nicely into a very smooth and compliant but fast buggy. With the 16T pinion on the 2600 KV 4268 motor, 3S is just right. 4S is a bit too much under heavy throttle on our loose soil, even with 1 million CST in the center diff.

Now we'll just have to find a new body to paint in her style and without the unnecessary nitro engine cuts. If anyone has an uncut Durango 408 body they want to sell, let me know!

20230514_112354.jpg

20230514_112403.jpg

Back