Thunder Tiger SSK Drive gear

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desswallow

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys. I’m trying to source a 51T drive gear for my SSK but can’t find any suppliers!!
If I wanted to change the teeth size would it still fit?! I just want to get it back on the road so to speak!!
Many thanks!
Jim

if its single spur gear setup, should be fine to replace with another tooth count gear, you will need to make sure the tooth pitch is the same though. i would imagine it being mod1.
if its 2 speed (2 spur gears) it will be another animal as you will have to get a new pinion (clutchbell gear) to compensate for the actual size change.

thanks for the reply.!
Yes sadly it’s got 2 spur gears! I’ve found a seller on the internet for the whole lot but they want £35 and I’m only really after the larger gear! Looks like it’s going to be harder than I thought to fix!!

thanks for the reply.!
Yes sadly it’s got 2 spur gears! I’ve found a seller on the internet for the whole lot but they want £35 and I’m only really after the larger gear! Looks like it’s going to be harder than I thought to fix!!
Can never have too many spur gears lol, it's definitely worth it especially in vehicles that hard to find parts for, to have spares. Imo anyways, hope you get what you need, and definitely would be curious to see pics of your truck!