Throttle Type setting mean on a Sanwa MT-R Transmitter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayeff

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,

Just bought a new Sanwa MT-R radio and whilst setting it up I came across a setting known as 'throttle type' which can be changed form default F7:B3 to F5:B5 and not sure what the settings means.

The manual states the following:

"You can move the neutrals position of the throttle and set the operating ratio of the forward side and the brake (backward) side to either 7:3 or 5:5."

Can anyone explain this better or in an easier way and which to set it at for a nosram matrix reverse esc? Thanks.

That reads as though your throttle throw can be changed from 70% forward and 30% backward or you can have an even 50%/50% throw. So it would alter your neutral position by 30%.

That reads as though your throttle throw can be changed from 70% forward and 30% backward or you can have an even 50%/50% throw. So it would alter your neutral position by 30%.
Would that mean a 50/50 split would seem acceleration is quicker due to starting further along the throttle but overall top speed would still be the same as the 70/30? I say this because the car feels a lot quicker of the mark when set to 50/50

Last edited:
Would that mean a 50/50 split would seem acceleration is quicker due to starting further along the throttle but overall top speed would still be the same as the 70/30? I say this because the car feels a lot quicker of the mark when set to 50/50
I'm not familiar with that radio. Does that actually move the physical trigger lever? Or is it just a setting in the radio? I am not sure what it's actually doing if it's a setting in the firmware without driving the car with a GPS to see the results.

But it reads as though it moves your neutral position, so to me that would mean like you're thinking, that the 50/50 setting is getting your car moving 20% sooner along the trigger pull. So you would notice faster acceleration at 50/50 like you said. Just taking a stab at it here 🤷‍♂️

I have the MT-R and looked in the manual to be sure.

There’s no provision to physically change the lever throw to 70/30. Selecting 70/30 in the settings shouldn’t give you better modulation since the neutral and full throttle positions of the trigger are exactly as before.

The manual advises to set it according to your speed controller. I don’t quite understand why it would matter since you calibrate the three positions anyway. Maybe it matters on some ESCs?