Throttle servos randomly broke on my HSP nitro car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camarolover2005

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I am also new to the rc car hobby and I have had my hsp nitro on road rc car for about 2 and a half weeks and my throttle servos suddenly went out. I was driving the rc car for about one hour straight with no breaks at all and the engine was running the whole time. Btw the steering servos still works fine. The car was running and driving great until the throttle servos suddenly went out. I also need to note that one night about a week ago unexplainably the steering servos was randomly twitching and the throttle servos wouldn’t work at all, I tried what you normally would do to troubleshoot it but nothing worked. I let the car sit for 24 hours and left the batteries out. Put them back in and strangely enough they were working perfectly again since now. I took the servos apart to see if I could spot anything wrong and it appears to all look good in there so maybe the servos overheated and that could have caused it to break from such a long driving session? Also I did hear from the manager from my local hobby shop who helped me with the car when I first bought it said that these rc cars have slightly underpowered servos so maybe it was overworked and that cause it to overhead? Btw I have pictures of the inside of the servo If you need them . Has anyone had that happened before and is there something that most likely caused it? Thanks guys

A hour and it went..ok what was supply voltage to servo?. what are servos rated at?. V.T..and yes most rtr have underpowered servo in them company is selling for profit) If I was to guess batt voltage was to low so amps went up and th servo main board on servo failed..Id replace servo also install a battery alarm(settable ) and have fun

i have a similar problem. my servo died, or something happened so that i can no longer steer, in my 2wd brushed electric traxxas slash. any suggestions?

i have a similar problem. my servo died, or something happened so that i can no longer steer, in my 2wd brushed electric traxxas slash. any suggestions?
not really if you have tried to troubleshoot it and you couldnt get it to work, you probably will need to replace them, also check all the wires leading to the servos if you havent becuse there could be a problem with the wiring leading to them, there also is a way to take the servos off and test it some how, not sure how you do that but you can easily find out. for mine i took the servos apart to see if i could spot any problems but when taking it apart i accidentaly pulled a wire so its too late now becuse its not fixable and it was already broken in the first place so that wasn't a problem and i need a new one which runs at about $10 for my car, not sure how much a replacment servos costs for your car but you might have to just replace them. also if you havent already make sure to take carefully servos apart and see if you can spot any problems, sometimes the teeth in the gears can get stripped out and the servos wont work until you replace the gears. good luck, let me know if you have any more questions.

A hour and it went..ok what was supply voltage to servo?. what are servos rated at?. V.T..and yes most rtr have underpowered servo in them company is selling for profit) If I was to guess batt voltage was to low so amps went up and th servo main board on servo failed..Id replace servo also install a battery alarm(settable ) and have fun
Ok, that is very helpful, thanks