Throttle neutral on Fly Sky FS-GT3B

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrBeanCar

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
  3. Boating
I am using a Fly Sky FS-GT3B on a Traxxas Rustler. Mostly got it trimmed out, however.. When I stop the car, after a few seconds, it starts going backwards. Seems like the throttle neutral is not set right. I have throttle endpoint at NOO which I believe means neutral.

Do I need to also adjust throttle trim? If so, which value/direction? The instructions are Chenglish

Thanks and regards

It needs to be re-calibrated as @WickedFog mentioned. After any change to your transmitter, it has to be recalibrated.
You are telling the transmitter what to do but the transmitter has to tell the esc what to do so to speak and that's the reason for recalibrating.

ok, thanks. I did not calibrate the ESC. I was having other problems with getting the Rx working, and that distracted me.
I watched the video, straight to the point with little unneeded discussion, very nice.
I did it, just need to test it, but I'm sure it will work

A difffernet question but still about the Fly Sky. I was using it for a Lobster boat that I have (Rx 1). I bought a new one (Rx 2) to use in the Traxxas. And, I had a third one, in another boat, a DF 65 sailboat.
When I tested them, they all work work the steering. However, I had different results with the throttle:

- Rx 1 works in Lobster boat, and in Traxxas
- Rx 2 does not work in Lobster boat or in Traxxas
- Rx 3 Works in Lobster boat, but not Traxxas

Grrr.. these are the sort of problems I hate, non repeatable ones.

Which brings me to thinking, maybe I should toss the Fly Sky and get something different. My airplanes are all Spektrum, maybe Spektrum. But, as the protocal surface/air is different, I'm not dead set on Spektrum

Thanks and regards

The Fly Sky is a great budget transmitter, I wouldn't toss it without working with it for awhile.
I have two GT3B transmitters and really like them. I also use a Spektrum DX5C and for my flight transmitter
I use a Spektrum DX6e.

ok, thanks. I did not calibrate the ESC. I was having other problems with getting the Rx working, and that distracted me.
I watched the video, straight to the point with little unneeded discussion, very nice.
I did it, just need to test it, but I'm sure it will work

A difffernet question but still about the Fly Sky. I was using it for a Lobster boat that I have (Rx 1). I bought a new one (Rx 2) to use in the Traxxas. And, I had a third one, in another boat, a DF 65 sailboat.
When I tested them, they all work work the steering. However, I had different results with the throttle:

- Rx 1 works in Lobster boat, and in Traxxas
- Rx 2 does not work in Lobster boat or in Traxxas
- Rx 3 Works in Lobster boat, but not Traxxas

Grrr.. these are the sort of problems I hate, non repeatable ones.

Which brings me to thinking, maybe I should toss the Fly Sky and get something different. My airplanes are all Spektrum, maybe Spektrum. But, as the protocal surface/air is different, I'm not dead set on Spektrum

Thanks and regards
Did you calibrate those other ESC's? It's likely not your Rx or Tx. Just go through the steps.

Rebind the Rx to the Tx, just in case.
Calibrate the ESC. This is with all ESC's.
Is your throttle trim at zero when turning on the ESC? It needs to be if not.

If those don't solve your issues, try disconnecting the servo and see if your throttle works. Sometimes a glitchy servo can cause problems.

By the way, welcome to RCT!

Back