Thoughts on this motor?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Looking for a cheap motor that I can use for practice. And see what I been missing cause 13.5T stock seems a bit slow. Unless I somehow make it faster. Cause most tracks now only run stock classes for normal club racing.

https://www.amazon.com/HobbyStar-Se...=540+6.5t+motor,aps,90&sr=8-2#customerReviews

Or should I just wait it out and save the money for a hobbywing v10 g3 6.5T?
Uncle has the same hobbywing motor in his xray, 6.5T, but the G2 version. Might steal his motor out of his because he dont use it no more 🤣

1 rating, 1 star. Nah, I'd pass on that one.
Find me a cheap mod motor for my buggy. 540 size. Preference is in the 6.0T - 8.5T range. Also want endbell timing too. But I guess you can't find those for cheap. Cheap ones are all fixed timing

BUT ITS BLUE!!! Ehhh I hate blue never mind ha

I have two Hobbystar ramp truck bannana motor. They're cheap motors and they perform like cheap motors. That's fine for a ramp truck but for a track truck I think you would want something better.

I have a cheap amazon brushless system in my Stampede 2wd and it works great.
I also but a cheap system in my Axial Bomber. Not sure how that's going to work yet but we will see.
For what you are looking for I would got with something of better quality.

Back