Thinking of getting into drones, maybe FPV. Looking for advice.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsytaz

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
So I have a couple RC trucks and me and the kids have a blast with them. Lately I’ve been seeing a lot of this fpv stuff on Instagram and what not and it looks awesome. So how do I start? Can I buy a cheaper drone to learn on or are they just not worth it? I don’t want to go to small cause I know I’ll want to fly outside, I don’t want the wind taking it. Is that even a factor? Definitely want something easily controllable. I don’t want to drop 300 bucks either. I don’t need fpv right away, but something moderately fast would be cool. Do the fpv racing drone types have the cool return to home feature and altitude hold, it would be cool to film my rc trucks from the air. Is there something where the fpv part is an add on when you’re ready for it? Any advice is much appreciated, I know I’ve got a ton of questions so whatever info you’ve got I’ll take ??

There are a few videos like the above where they show you how to get into drones. This one above is probably one of the best.

#1 grow that mustache
#2 I highly agree with the simulation flying idea. It is not exactly cheap but at least the radio will be used for flying after. (also good way to get the kids ready because they will want to fly it at some point.)

-Liberty

Back