Thinking about getting my boat running but can't find a motor.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starfox2005

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
  3. Boating
I need a new motor for my UDIRC Venom rc boat and can't seem to find a replacement. It's claimed to be a N370 brushed motor. Really want to get this boat running again!

If I could get a brushless system into the size of the boat and if the stock radio and receiver would work with it I'd be all for a swap if it's not too expensive. Not sure if the stock ESC is a ESC receiver combo and it's not easily accessible with being stored in a waterproof box at the front of the boat.

remove motor then measure motor shaft and can.. then you can match another brushed motor. to me it looks like a all in 1 board esc/rx servo all in 1..I dont think a brushless system will work with that toy grade boat..

Maybe but gotta know how many turns it is and such. It's more a toy grade but kinda but it's kinda a low end hobby grade boat. Anyways I'm satisfied with it's performance because I don't have large spaces to run it. I still might be able to get a brushless setup though. They do make some for these boats maybe not this model but other similar models. Anyways a lot more to it than just measure it and get one that looks right. I want the same performance if not better.

ok. then pull motor out after measurements are taken . pull motor apart and unwind a winding Id use the ole cut off 1 winding at a time a coat hanger metal can be bent as a windings hanger...

IMG_20211120_132042638.jpg