Thinking about buying an Arrma Senton 3S BLX

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Springer14

RC Newbie
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Ok so looking for a lot of help. Last time I owned an r/c car was back in the 80’s had a fox lol. Looking to get into it again with my 10 year old son. We really like the short course. Was leaning towards this

1/10 SENTON 4X4 V3 3S BLX Brushless Short Course Truck RTR, Red. So much has changed not sure what brand stick with this or traxxas slash or losi don’t want to break the bank at first. But what else should I get as far as battery charger tools etc. is this truck to much for beginner. Looking to do it as a Christmas gift to both of us but want to get everything I need also. Oh mainly will be using around house grass pavement etc but we do have a track near by. Amy advise would be great

Tunedpipe

RCNT Addict
Supporter
Military Veteran
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Welcome in. The RTR "ready to run" version usually comes with everything but AA batteries for your transmitter. I think 3s would be a good start because you can also run it on 2s and it will be somewhat easy to control. Amazon sells took kits but I recommend MIP Drivers.. Have fun with it...

tntpoof

RCNT Addict
Supporter
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
you will need this to be able to run your new truck...
Needed to Complete:
  • 2S LiPo or 3S Hardcase LiPo Battery with the battery plug arrma uses.. arrma has a ic5 plug
  • Compatible Charger( the chargers of today are just great compared to the 80's... fully digital with many options you will need a 12v power supply that has a few more amps that what you will be charging at...)
  • LiPo Safe Charging Bag(always a good thing to have)
  • (4) AA Batteries