Thinkci may run my nitro truck for the 1st time today..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cupofjoe5

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
Its gonna be between 27 to 35 degrees probably... still wet out.. I'm gonna run it in grass/mud lol..is it a bad idea to break it in tuning it that way.. i notice a couple things inside are waterproof.. never tuned or ran a nitro b4. Should b fun.

Its gonna be between 27 to 35 degrees probably... still wet out.. I'm gonna run it in grass/mud lol..is it a bad idea to break it in tuning it that way.. i notice a couple things inside are waterproof.. never tuned or ran a nitro b4. Should b fun.

Running a new nitro engine in grass an in brutal cold temps is NOT a good idea!

Running a new nitro engine in grass an in brutal cold temps is NOT a good idea!

Yeah kinda what i was thinkin.. theres a school not far from me i could hit the pavement.. maybe ill wait then :/

So what about cold ass temos on pavement haha

Yeah kinda what i was thinkin.. theres a school not far from me i could hit the pavement.. maybe ill wait then :/

So what about cold ass temos on pavement haha

I'm really not sure about temps ,as long the engine is tuned for it ,but its hard to start in those temps ,but
running a nitro in grass will put a strain on the engine!

I'm really not sure about temps ,as long the engine is tuned for it ,but its hard to start in those temps ,but
running a nitro in grass will put a strain on the engine!

I gotcha. Thx for the advice

I gotcha. Thx for the advice

Failed attempt fml. Electronics wont even respond.. i bought emd ready to use batteries so only thing i can think is theyre not charged. I assume thhey csme charged... i checked my glow plug it was bright orange but quickly went away i put it back in which i assume is normal... gonna go home and charge batteries i guess. :(

Failed attempt fml. Electronics wont even respond.. i bought emd ready to use batteries so only thing i can think is theyre not charged. I assume thhey csme charged... i checked my glow plug it was bright orange but quickly went away i put it back in which i assume is normal... gonna go home and charge batteries i guess. :(

Ahhhh .....don't frown ,just think of it as a sign ,maybe it wasn't good for you to go out an run it!....:cool:

Ahhhh .....don't frown ,just think of it as a sign ,maybe it wasn't good for you to go out an run it!....:cool:

Yeah well we wont discuss what happened haha. But i solved the problem! Gonna attempt friday afternoon if the weather isnt horrible!

Yeah well we wont discuss what happened haha. But i solved the problem! Gonna attempt friday afternoon if the weather isnt horrible!

Its been raining here were I'm at ,an I so want to get my Mt out in the wet street soooooo bad ,ohhhh
Love getting crazy with it when the roads are wet,,,,CAN YOU SAY DONUUUUUUTS?.....:celebrate:

Its been raining here were I'm at ,an I so want to get my Mt out in the wet street soooooo bad ,ohhhh
Love getting crazy with it when the roads are wet,,,,CAN YOU SAY DONUUUUUUTS?.....:celebrate:
Yeah i can imagine... i wanna hit this mud so bad! :arghh:

Yeah i can imagine... i wanna hit this mud so bad! :arghh:

Reving super high and burning the clutch i believe.. not sure whats wrong? Hope i didnt destroy engine.. do i need to turn low rev counter clockwise? Open the carb? I put the carb open roughly a mm.. throttle trim setting off? Confused as lol. Had the throttle on remote at 0 and trim as well.. seemed no matter which way i went it jusnwent higher and clutch was burnin up

I se
Reving super high and burning the clutch i believe.. not sure whats wrong? Hope i didnt destroy engine.. do i need to turn low rev counter clockwise? Open the carb? I put the carb open roughly a mm.. throttle trim setting off? Confused as lol. Had the throttle on remote at 0 and trim as well.. seemed no matter which way i went it jusnwent higher and clutch was burnin up

Set thenhigh rev 2 n a half.turns counter clockwise.. also was having air ijln thenfuel line

Last edited by a moderator:
It maybe too lean ,try richening up the HSN a 1/2 a turn ,if you have air in the fuel line ,then its probably
leaning out causing the high rev.
I know that its lean somewhere ,either Hsn or you have an air leak!

I ran my truck today!.....:p

Last edited by a moderator:
It maybe too lean ,try richening up the HSN a 1/2 a turn ,if you have air in the fuel line ,then its probably
leaning out causing the high rev.
I know that its lean somewhere ,either Hsn or you have an air leak!

I ran my truck today!.....:p
Ahhh lucky you! Well trial and error i went back and now i think i have it factory set yeah i think my setting was a full turn from being factory rich lol. Setting throttle to 0
.. round 2

Ahhh lucky you! Well trial and error i went back and now i think i have it factory set yeah i think my setting was a full turn from being factory rich lol. Setting throttle to 0
.. round 2

Are you talking about the throttle trim on the transmitter?

Are you talking about the throttle trim on the transmitter?

Yes.. so now it idles fine... nut soon as i hit the throttle on ttamsmitter it quits... lol i eel like an idiot.. :/

Yes.. so now it idles fine... nut soon as i hit the throttle on ttamsmitter it quits... lol i eel like an idiot.. :/

Well ,that's why I asked ,when you use that to control your idle ,it also alters the brake ,an if the idle set screw isn't set right ,
you are closing off your carb when you let off the throttle or when you brake.
So ,you need to find the right idle ,an then set your idle set screw on the carb.!

Well ,that's why I asked ,when you use that to control your idle ,it also alters the brake ,an if the idle set screw isn't set right ,
you are closing off your carb when you let off the throttle or when you brake.

So ,you need to find the right idle ,an then set your idle set screw on the carb.!

So i opened the carb more.. see if that helps. I'm lost in the transmitter.. i got the steering trim set and the throttle trim set to where it doesn't take off.. i dont get what the d/r is for exactly.. the manual is non specific. Round 3 here we go!

So i opened the carb more.. see if that helps. I'm lost in the transmitter.. i got the steering trim set and the throttle trim set to where it doesn't take off.. i dont get what the d/r is for exactly.. the manual is non specific. Round 3 here we go!

No ,theres a tiny set screw on the carb ,you set your throttle trim on your radio were you need it ,then you go to the carb
an set that screw in just enough were the radio had when it was on.
Only set the screw ,but not enough to open the carb anymore!

Then when you let off the throttle or brake ,it wont die!

No ,theres a tiny set screw on the carb ,you set your throttle trim on your radio were you need it ,then you go to the carb
an set that screw in just enough were the radio had when it was on.
Only set the screw ,but not enough to open the carb anymore!

Then when you let off the throttle or brake ,it wont die!
So how do you know where the throttle trim needs to be? And set the carb to what the radio was on? The carb is set at wherever u put it... which i was told should b aboit a mm open.. so i set the screw to jus a small gap.

So i ran a full tank..it was rough tho.. filled again and couldnt get started... i think 1 of 2 things.. 1. I flooded it. Or 2. Glow plug blew.. it didnt light up when i put it on the starter. I charged my glow plug starter for 3 hours yesterday.. how.do u know how charged iy is? I'm assuming it still has power.. how long do they usually stay charged after that long of charge? Sorry so many questions... thx in advance:woot:

So how do you know where the throttle trim needs to be? And set the carb to what the radio was on? The carb is set at wherever u put it... which i was told should b aboit a mm open.. so i set the screw to jus a small gap.

So i ran a full tank..it was rough tho.. filled again and couldnt get started... i think 1 of 2 things.. 1. I flooded it. Or 2. Glow plug blew.. it didnt light up when i put it on the starter. I charged my glow plug starter for 3 hours yesterday.. how.do u know how charged iy is? I'm assuming it still has power.. how long do they usually stay charged after that long of charge? Sorry so many questions... thx in advance:woot:

The way I adjust my idle screw is while my truck is actually running!
But you can tighten or screw in ,in small increments to were you got a nice high enough idle to keep it running
when you brake.The screw acts as a back stop to keep the throttle barrel from closing all the way
as well!
I don't set idle gap because it will vary in your tune!

The battery should last along time depending on how you use & how fast your ride starts up ,
I don't leave my glo-igniter on for very long ,as soon as the engine starts ,pull it!
Don't leave it on the plug while tuning or fiddle fartin around!

Its possible that you fowled the plug out or fried it.
Normally it fowls running rich or fry's running too lean!

Back