there were these two nerds sitting at a table one day.....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silly_sausage

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
when for some reason one of them said (due to the fact we were babling about engine swaps) "you know, I have a remote control engine... a proper internal combustion engine, runs on fuel and all, damn expensive, but it lasts a while"

Nerd2: Really? I gotta check this out. How big is it?

Nerd1 uses his fingers to give nerd2 an accurate messurement.

As you can immagine, nerd2 HAD to see this, this seemed quite interesting. So they both walk out to the garage, and dig up the RC model, and the engines.

Nerd2 inspects it a little and says "so..... expensive gas..."

Nerd1: "..yeah.."

Nerd2: "very low displacement, but its 2 stoke so it not such a big deal..."

Nerd1: "yeah, and those things go like snot!"

Nerd 2 laughs and comments: "I'm surprised they dont just narrow up the exaust, and make up a tiny turbo to feed in the air into this thing, I'm willing to bet you can get a good 20 pounds of boost no problems!"

Nerd1: "they run more like diesels from the looks of things. no spark, just a glow plug"

They both look at each other.... then back at the engine... and this goes on for the better part of 30 seconds, until they finally decide that they HAVE to find out either or not someone has made a tiny turbo.

an hour on the net yelds very little, and now nerd2 has big dreams of manufactoring these little beauties in more than just a single cylander version........ take a wild guess who nerd 2 is!? ;)

Soooooo, can anyone enlighten us on the different types of engines (4 cylander, v6, v8, turbo...... come on, dreams are free, and cast iron and steel engines THAT small can be done, we just need a little time)

Another nerd beat you to the punch.
Look Here

Its always best to do a search before posting on a forum. Forums contain a HUGE amount of info for you to view.

Holly sweet mother of a jew who died two thousand years ago! This is getting better...... but, what about different engine configurations (Mini wankels.... I know, now I'm just getting down right stupid, but hey, I'm new, so I'm allowed to ask stupid questions :p)

so.... I take it no one has made a standalone TURBO to bolt right on???......... anyone?????

Originally posted by FastEddy
Another nerd beat you to the punch.
Look Here

Its always best to do a search before posting on a forum. Forums contain a HUGE amount of info for you to view.

no there is no turbo as of yet. i think part of the problem is taht the 2 stroke engine spits out a lot of oil and gas and that would clog up turbo fans ...

Back