The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need another rig like I need a hole in my head but like I mentioned, I'm bored.

I really wish the Furitek brushless system would come back into stock everywhere.
They have the esc’s available on Amazon. Then a goolsky 1400kv motor for 21 bucks off there too.
I need another rig like I need a hole in my head but like I mentioned, I'm bored.
Borden got me too. Just picked up a Tamiya black edition lunch box and ordered a cross jt4. Hopefully get to build this weekend.

They have the esc’s available on Amazon. Then a goolsky 1400kv motor for 21 bucks off there too.

Borden got me too. Just picked up a Tamiya black edition lunch box and ordered a cross jt4. Hopefully get to build this weekend.
I want the whole kit. It's a lot cheaper than buying individual components. But I may end up grabbing individual parts when I am ready to upgrade. But I am going with the Komodo motor. Not had much luck with Gool RC stuff, so not going that route. Right now I have wheels and tires, a servo upgrade, 2 steering link sets, and a PN Racing motor set to install, along with a custom van body to fit on the Deadbolt chassis.

Well don’t wait to long. We not going to be seeing 2023.
If I don't get a Furitek setup, it's not the end of the world 😜 There are actually a lot more important things that I need to get done before that day comes than worrying about RC stuff 😉

Last edited:
Well I took the chance and I am hoping for the best. I bought a BuKu clutch system from Buku web site. It is up and running still but I don't think they are still in business. I used paypal to pay for it and if I don't get the clutch in a few weeks I will just have paypal send me the money back. I truly hope it all works out.

Which bolts?
On the new ramps, they changed the bolts that bolt the ramp surface down to regular hex bolts and it is tearing up people's chassis from the reviews I have seen. And a few guys in a FB group I am in said they don't hold up over time.

I'm starting a Baja 5b gas build. I have the Q Baja which is the shorty version but I have a few parts from that conversion.
I'm going with a 45cc engine instead of the 30.5cc I have now in my Q shorty.

baja.jpg

This is going to be a complete shelf queen build with all aluminum parts. I will run it once or twice to break in the engine but that's about it.
I'm going for something like this, now you can't say that isn't smoking hot...

1083.jpg

I feel like a smart shopper lately. I used my points and grabbed this stuff at Tower for $6.40 shipped 😉 Got some rock sliders for the C10, and the new Gladiator chassis for the upcoming 6x6 build.
Screenshot_20220303-110901_Chrome.jpg

This is going to be a complete shelf queen build with all aluminum parts. I will run it once or twice to break in the engine but that's about it.
I'm going for something like this, now you can't say that isn't smoking hot...

View attachment 142924
Now that is gorgeous! That chassis reminds me of the Kyosho Ultima! Not sure I am a fan of those square tires though 🤔

Yeah, I thought that myself on the tires, until a bought a set for my baja and ran them. They grip really well.
If this Baja with the 45cc engine turns out to be a beast, then it will be for bashing and the Q shorty will turn into my shelf queen.