The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that a Power Color Red Devil? American prices are a lot better then Canadian prices, if it's that GPU they go for $315 in Canada. Now that's a higher priced 580 and I could get a decent one for $250-$300 Canadian, but I also could get a decent 1660 TI for $330-$375. I'm watching for sales because I'd like to game in 1440p at 144Hz or near there and the 1660 TI would be a better option for that. A monitor upgrade would be needed for that as well though, so I have to take that into consideration to. All in all I'm watching GPU and monitor prices, and weighing the price/performance ratio.

Is that a Power Color Red Devil? American prices are a lot better then Canadian prices, if it's that GPU they go for $315 in Canada. Now that's a higher priced 580 and I could get a decent one for $250-$300 Canadian, but I also could get a decent 1660 TI for $330-$375. I'm watching for sales because I'd like to game in 1440p at 144Hz or near there and the 1660 TI would be a better option for that. A monitor upgrade would be needed for that as well though, so I have to take that into consideration to. All in all I'm watching GPU and monitor prices, and weighing the price/performance ratio.
yes it is the powercolor Red Devil, if they are that close in pricing, i would go for the 1660, you can still use the same monitor for now, just in the settings of the games either limit the FPS to the monitor refresh rate (ie if its a 60mhz monitor limit to 60, or if 75 mhz limit to 75FPS or use the V-sync option). then upgrade the monitor when you can down the road. would be cheaper in the long run then buying 2 graphic cards and a monitor to get you where you want in the end.
the price was too good to pass up for the GPU i got and was a decent step up from what i had. and meant that my older one would go in my fiance's computer.

Okay bare with me I'm very new to this, why would I need to GPUS?
GPU is a shorthand tech term for graphical processing unit, or graphics card is also what it's called. The GPU takes the graphics rendering away from the motherboard. And given that the GPU, is designed solely to handle the graphical processing it is designed to do it better than the motherboard can.
Are they required? No. The motherboard has some graphical capabilities, they are very low and most games require more.

Wasn’t today, but just finished up my case upgrade on my pc, went with a H200 and kraken x52 by nzxt for my fatal1ty build. Had to wait another week for the am4 bracket they did not include but said came with it. Today I bought a 4th Generation Erik Stokkebye pipe from Edwards in Tampa, FL. Still somewhat a novice but learning to smoke a pipe. Also on standby for a Dagner Table Dog pipe that didn’t have a price.

Using the pc exclusively for quake champions. Anyone play?

Attachments

• 05E1C75F-1036-4722-8E3B-B638FE92E449.jpeg
    05E1C75F-1036-4722-8E3B-B638FE92E449.jpeg
    255.3 KB · Views: 83
Wasn’t today, but just finished up my case upgrade on my pc, went with a H200 and kraken x52 by nzxt for my fatal1ty build. Had to wait another week for the am4 bracket they did not include but said came with it. Today I bought a 4th Generation Erik Stokkebye pipe from Edwards in Tampa, FL. Still somewhat a novice but learning to smoke a pipe. Also on standby for a Dagner Table Dog pipe that didn’t have a price.

Using the pc exclusively for quake champions. Anyone play?
beautiful build! never dabbled with AMD processors, want to though because the price point on them, but per core intel has that in the lead but not by much. i need to upgrade my mobo so bad... so so bad

GPU is a shorthand tech term for graphical processing unit, or graphics card is also what it's called. The GPU takes the graphics rendering away from the motherboard. And given that the GPU, is designed solely to handle the graphical processing it is designed to do it better than the motherboard can.
Are they required? No. The motherboard has some graphical capabilities, they are very low and most games require more.
I believe I misunderstood you, I know what a GPU is. I thought you were saying I would need 2 as in an SLI set up, after I told you I wanted to play in 1440p and 144mhz.

I believe I misunderstood you, I know what a GPU is. I thought you were saying I would need 2 as in an SLI set up, after I told you I wanted to play in 1440p and 144mhz.
Ohhh whoops sorry about that, more or less meant buying two as in buying the 580, then when you went for the 144hz at 1440p you would probably need to upgrade to get the 144fps to match the hz of the screen, I wouldn't go SLI, sorry guess was thinking faster than I was typing.

Haven’t had a chance to post them yet, but picked up a few more pipes and a pipe stand. Really starting to learn and enjoy pipe tobacco and collecting pipes as a hobby. Tampa is like a Mecca for cool pipes too. Scored 2 Dagner pipes and a nice Erik Stokkebye pipe to add to my first pipe which is a Comoy.

Today stopped into GameStop for Yoshi’s crafted world and found the holy grail... Quake Champions scalebearer edition. Already own the game but how often do you see this? Staff was shocked to see it go, probably been there since they opened lol!

Attachments

• 8AC036ED-4E0C-4469-B2AF-5C56B80F7404.jpeg
    8AC036ED-4E0C-4469-B2AF-5C56B80F7404.jpeg
    323.3 KB · Views: 81
  • A24083EC-CE2C-472E-88E6-A9D76C912AB2.jpeg
    A24083EC-CE2C-472E-88E6-A9D76C912AB2.jpeg
    335.8 KB · Views: 91
Because my Traxxas EzPeak died on me, bought an EzPeak LIVE dual 200w, a new lipo, and Badlands MX28's for my 2wd Stampede.

Nice! What happened to the Husky?

I was going to need surgery on my wrist so I traded the Husky in on a CanAm Commander. Then last summer, wrist fealt fine so I bought back my Crf450.
These FX models are sick though, map switch, e start, wide ratio trans and the coolest part is a free tuner app. Takes a few seconds to change maps. So I traded my crf in.
Yamaha really designed it well to be competition for ktm and husky but it wins to me for the fact it has a wide ratio trans.

I was going to need surgery on my wrist so I traded the Husky in on a CanAm Commander. Then last summer, wrist fealt fine so I bought back my Crf450.
These FX models are sick though, map switch, e start, wide ratio trans and the coolest part is a free tuner app. Takes a few seconds to change maps. So I traded my crf in.
Yamaha really designed it well to be competition for ktm and husky but it wins to me for the fact it has a wide ratio trans.

Understood, sounds great. The KTM EXCs always made the best supermotos since they had the wide ratio trans also.

SMC True Spec 2s 7.4V 6500mAh LiPo battery for my sons Stampede.