The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! You mean GCM had stuff you wanted in stock? I've been waiting on some SSD stuff to come in stock for some time now. I like that there Canadian, but RPP is going to get some good money from me soon.

@wacmartin Did you get this painted yet?

I have this body and have been kicking around a million ideas for the paint... Would like to see what you did with yours!

I had a shipping delay due to 2 parts being on backorder at HPI until August, so I cancelled those parts and just got the package on Tuesday. I'm off next weekend, and have to go to the closest city to me which is where my closest LHS is, so I can get some paint then and paint on Sunday. I was thinking neon purple and neon green, then I thought same colors but metallic, now I'm really thinking a candy red and silver would look real nice after I've seen the body up close. Of course this really all up to what colors the LHS has.

I have picked up a bunch of colors and some of that real chrome stuff that appears to work similar to gold or silver leaf... I am going to continue to search out my designs and whatnot... So many choices, so little time... Lol!
As it stands, once again, 1:1 car is first in line for work. Got into a fender bender last weekend. Gonna strip the front end tomorrow and make sure I can do all the work myself... Then this week, I'll either be shipping it off or putting it together... Yay! :bored:

Wow! You mean GCM had stuff you wanted in stock? I've been waiting on some SSD stuff to come in stock for some time now. I like that there Canadian, but RPP is going to get some good money from me soon.

Actually No! What I went there for was that damn exo/yeti/smt diff cup, and got a 'lil carried away, but I've wanted a scaler with leaf springs suspension for some time now, I'll probably throw my RTR K5 ascender body on it, once I decide to put it together.

I hear you, RPPs gonna get some hard earned money from me also, since I'm in the market for a set of VP axles, just not sure if I want the ascender axles, or the scx10 II axles.

Actually No! What I went there for was that damn exo/yeti/smt diff cup, and got a 'lil carried away, but I've wanted a scaler with leaf springs suspension for some time now, I'll probably throw my RTR K5 ascender body on it, once I decide to put it together.

I hear you, RPPs gonna get some hard earned money from me also, since I'm in the market for a set of VP axles, just not sure if I want the ascender axles, or the scx10 II axles.
I used both types of VP axles under my SCX-10/JK (the aluminum SCX-10 and the Currie Rockjox) and was really impressed by their quality.

I used both types of VP axles under my SCX-10/JK (the aluminum SCX-10 and the Currie Rockjox) and was really impressed by their quality.

I also has a set of rockjox on my bomber, although they are the older version with the smaller pinion bearing.

Its hard to decide, VP ascender axle don't have VP knuckles to go with, but the gear ratio is higher. I think I read that VP ascender axles and VP SCX10 II axles have a 2:1 reduction difference, so VP SCX10 II axles spin slower than VP ascender axles. I'm not sure I actually do any crawling per say, so I kinda piece things together knowing it's gonna go faster than it should (my remotes trigger is proportional, it'll go slow if I want it to). A friend of mine also told me that horizon has added enough copper to the ring/pinion that they are getting pretty hard to destroy, but I really want matching knuckles!!

This is what the plasti dip was for.

Before and after

n0IvsT7.jpg

VNhDeo8.jpg

bm6r9pg.jpg

rOd7DOL.jpg

That's NICE!!! Maybe a pain to keep clean but white looks GOOD when it IS clean! :thumbs-up:

That's NICE!!! Maybe a pain to keep clean but white looks GOOD when it IS clean! :thumbs-up:

White isn't to bad to keep clean. The old truck was also white and was my first choice. Heck of a lot better than black.

Nice, congrats Mike. And actually, white isn't that bad to keep clean. Lighter colors are always easier.

Thanks man. Already added a tonneau cover to it this afternoon and have more goodies on the way! :D

White isn't to bad to keep clean. The old truck was also white and was my first choice. Heck of a lot better than black.

Thanks man. Already added a tonneau cover to it this afternoon and have more goodies on the way! :D
What type of tonneau cover did you get? I picked up a Rev rolling hard cover from '09 Silverado and love it.

Nice looking truck WoodiE, I'm in the market for a new car. I'd like a truck but I do a lot of driving for work and gas would cost more then the payments. I'm leaning to another Honda Civic right now, but I'm going to go take a look and some Ford's, Toyota's and Chevy's this weekend.

Yep, I was in the same boat when I bought the Subie. I just couldn't ignore much higher buy in, and an average of 10mpg less, more in some cases. Plus I needed a secure, dry space for the gear that I transport for work as well.

Funny thing is that the new trucks aren't too bad mileage-wise. On the road my Silverado gets 18+ mpg with a V-8.