The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Betas will kill themselves trying to fight the fish in the mirror if they are aggressive. So watch out for that.

Yeah that's why I said 5-15 minutes. The puffing up is good for them but if he tries to batter the tank, take it down.

4 New shocks for my Savage Flux, I was really hoping someone would outbid me though. My winning bid went in last night and the washing machine crapped out on me today, repair man said it's not worth the fix.

In order, this is my plan, I've been doing research for months now.

I'm doing another AR build, but a pistol build, 8.5" in 300AAC blackout, as there are very little gains in .300 in barrels above 9" in length. Reason being, I can have the weapon and being getting it dialed now, and I'll send off the paperwork and convert to a proper SBR once the stamp arrives. It will be an awesome deer gun (among other things) for this area, as we have thick mountain laurel and underbrush, so the short compact rifle won't get hung up hiking through the woods, and with supersonic ammo is devastating out to way longer range than I'll ever need around here.

Then, I want a rimfire can first. Leaning towards the AAC Element 2, or the Silencerco Spectre II.

Last will be the big bore can, and I'm currently intrigued by the new Griffin Optimus. It's one of the few user serviceable big bore cans, and it's also a modular system as they serialize the sleeve, not the can. Meaning with adapters and a Nielsen device (all of which they offer) I can run it on everything I own, including my G26 and both AR platforms. And it just so happens NC made suppressors legal for hunting in 2013.

Sounds like a badass yet expensive plan. lol

Replacement grass catcher for a MTD Yard Machines lawn mower. Fascinating, eh?

grasscatcher.jpg

I got my waterpik water flosser thing. It's an interesting feeling over conventional flossing.

Palmetto State Armory 8.5" complete upper in .300AAC blackout
Palmetto State Armory blemished stripped lower reciever
Palmetto State Armory Magpul MOE pistol lower receiver build kit

I was gonna wait till next month, but the daily sale and the fact it's rare that it's all in stock sucked me in. Now I just gotta figure out which optic and brake I want to run (I'll order those next month hopefully), already have all the tools for assembly. :D