The problem with Integy...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amoeba

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So as I'm learning more about RC and hop-ups in general, I keep hearing that Integy parts tend to be... substandard. Rarely do I hear people gush over their quality. The problem I see here is that Integy appears to be the only company making certain parts or hop-ups for many applications or models. So what are some alternatives? We have some great vendors (EEM, FastEddie, GH Racing, etc) on RCNT that could probably fab parts but I'm honestly not sure it's worth it for them if demand is low or it's pretty much a one-off.

I'd be interested to hear from the vendors on this one.

What are you looking for?

Personally, I would stick with stock parts before I spent dollars with any part Integy *cough cough* makes.

What are you looking for?

Personally, I would stick with stock parts before I spent dollars with any part Integy *cough cough* makes.

IIRC, at the time I was looking for an adjustable engine mount for my HPI MT but it's not the first time I've been browsing for available hop-ups for my cars and only seeing Integy stuff for certain things. Integy seems to be a fairly large shop that can (and does) do niche parts that most other CNC vendors don't do and I was wondering why, if their quality is so universally considered crap, there aren't more vendor options out there. I really was asking more for discussion's sake than looking to find a particular part.

I'm not sure and maybe ill get harrassed for this, maybe not, but i think, that when people buy integery parts, to replace a stock broken one, is that they then think " Oh this is upgraded and I'm not gonna break it" so then they carelessly drive with there rig. and with that being they break the parts, and that integerty parts are just like stock, and they go out and think there invisable to anything thats throwen at them. Maybe its just me, but thats how i see it in some cases.

Golden Horizons, innovative-RC, neweramodels, fastlanemachines are some good places.

The facts on Integy:

Quality is poor in a lot of cases
Material used is suspect
No warranty to speak of
No customer service to speak of
They steal other companies designs

Sadly, their poop is everywhere and is supported by the largest on-line retailer.

This is truly a situation where you get what you pay for.

Last edited:
The facts on Integy:

Material used is suspect
No warranty to speak of

Sadly, there poop is everywhere and is supported by the largest on-line retailer.

Well, Didnt know any of that, other then there supposted.

Welp. Integy sucks.

The facts on Integy:

Material used is suspect
No warranty to speak of

Sadly, there poop is everywhere and is supported by the largest on-line retailer.

+89743250732450275 on that

I've only had a handful of Integy parts over the years but here are the parts I can remember.

Integy 2S lipo pack. Used in my 1/18 Vendetta at lower than pack's cont. C rating. Result- My first puffed pack. :\

Integy F1 1/10 scale aluminum set-up gauges. I have nothing to compare them to but they work and are nicely made. No moving parts and they are able to support the load of my touring car. :hehe:

If I had intended for my Savage to be a shelf queen, ALL the add-ons would have been from Integy. Not strong, but really purdy. I wouldn't trust any part that you have to rely on.
+1 on the customer support and warranty....none, to speak of.

Try GPM also. I got most of my alloy parts through rc-mall on Ebay.

Gpm makes stuff for nitro trucks too? I used to use them on small scale's

Gpm makes stuff for nitro trucks too? I used to use them on small scale's

Absolutely. My shocks, shock towers, skid plates, A-arms, hub carriers, hybrid diff/bulkheads, wheelie bar and other parts all came from them. Currently I'm waiting on the arrival of the alloy transmission case and brake/throttle linkage.

Absolutely. My shocks, shock towers, skid plates, A-arms, hub carriers, hybrid diff/bulkheads, wheelie bar and other parts all came from them. Currently I'm waiting on the arrival of the alloy transmission case and brake/throttle linkage.

Rmm. thats really goood to know, thanks rolex.

I've got alumnium a arms on my muggy but there not integy there dynamite ones and they seem to be holding up real great I've had them on there for the last 2 years but i would rather have a set of rpm ones on there;)

as everyone knows my truck here is damn near all alloy and the 3 integy parsts i have is body mount brackets rear 4 shox and the gas tank

they all look nice yeah 100 percent till you ding it. then you have the rest of my truck with rpm new era and rd logics and rbinnovations!!!!

P1020530.jpg
:D:D:D:D:first_place:

the shox are awesome the rebound really fast but thats oil weight i think

as for the body mounts getting big air and landing on your top hurts but all that got damaged was the knobs where the body clips goes and the tank is brand new nothing hard bout a gas tank
only if you get t-boned bye a nother truck like my dad has a tendany to do

Last edited:
Back