The Mgt line up

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it keeps flodding because the drill isn't strong enough to spin it now it spins it too slow ig looks like i'll just get a new drill

Update day 2 i got a starter the MGT starts great but it won't move the truck won't move for some weird reason and sometimes when i remove the glow driver it dies idk why it wouldn't move tough would it be the clutch because when i moved the spur gear the truck moved

if the video doesn't work just go on YT and search up Mgt 8.0 starts and it's from the channel called da baby

Last edited:
can't see the video right now but its not just your video its everyone vids.

Last edited:
Update the Mgt starts great but won't run i give it throttle and it won't move one bit idk what the issue is i spin the spur gear and it moves

Update the Mgt starts great but won't run i give it throttle and it won't move one bit idk what the issue is i spin the spur gear and it moves

Make sure that the reverse servo is fully engaging the trans shift fork ,if
it isnt ,then it could be in a neutral state!

Make sure that the reverse servo is fully engaging the trans shift fork ,if
it isnt ,then it could be in a neutral state!
yup i tried putting it in reverse and foward and i still wouldn't move would it be the clutch?

yup i tried putting it in reverse and foward and i still wouldn't move would it be the clutch?

Hard to believe that it would be a 4 shoe clutch set up ,it would move all the time!
However ,the flywheel itself could have came loose ,that is common on high power
engines!

Also check the wheel ,axle an drive shaft pins ,if either one of those are snapped ,
the truck will struggle ,remember ,the 8.0 is a huge power house an things can
snap or work loose!..Oh ,check an tighten the spur as those have a tension spring!...:thumbs-up:

Check all the small stuff before you decide to pull the engine for flywheel!..:cool:

Hard to believe that it would be a 4 shoe clutch set up ,it would move all the time!
However ,the flywheel itself could have came loose ,that is common on high power
engines!

Also check the wheel ,axle an drive shaft pins ,if either one of those are snapped ,
the truck will struggle ,remember ,the 8.0 is a huge power house an things can
snap or work loose!..Oh ,check an tighten the spur as those have a tension spring!...:thumbs-up:

Check all the small stuff before you decide to pull the engine for flywheel!..:cool:
alright thanks i'll be checking those today but from what happend yesterday the clutchbell wasn't moving when i was giving it throttle

Then the flywheel came loose!
Those are tricky to tighten ,an may need a new brass collet!
Oh crap is that really bad i tightend the screw and it moved a little big it was moving very slow then it died and the end of the glow plug looks kinda blackish

i just contacted amain hobbies for help and they said that i need some new nitro fuel since the fuel i am using has been sitting there for a long time

i just contacted amain hobbies for help and they said that i need some new nitro fuel since the fuel i am using has been sitting there for a long time

Didnt see that one one coming ,thats why its hard to give people advice through a forum when
you dont get all the facts or the history!...:deadhorse

Didnt see that one one coming ,thats why its hard to give people advice through a forum when
Its kinda like when my mom calls wanting me to troubleshoot her computer problem over the phone. I always tell her the same thing. "Ill stop by cuz I really need to be there to see it" lol

Lol that part is my bad

Lol that part is my bad

Its ok bud ,we didnt know that you wasn't using fresh fuel ,fuel needs to be stored in a stable
environment ,prefer a nice cool dark place!.. :thumbs-up:
But as always ,there is about a million things that can be an issue with the nitro RC's!...:cool:

Its ok bud ,we didnt know that you wasn't using fresh fuel ,fuel needs to be stored in a stable
environment ,prefer a nice cool dark place!.. :thumbs-up:
But as always ,there is about a million things that can be an issue with the nitro RC's!...:cool:
Alright so it wasn't the fuel because i got some fresh fuel and it still won't move but it will start now and amainhobbies help is now closed for today oof

Back