The Mammoth

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Team 17

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Anyone have updated info on the MAMMOTH? The mags have been vague on the reviews and info. What are everyone's thought's on this MT?

Does anyone even have an opinion on this truck? I'm considering on getting one for x-mas. I need input!

There's a 2 page article on the XTM Mammoth in
Radio Control NITRO magazine January 2003 pg. 70-72
They gave the prototype :thumbup: :thumbup: so far.......

Thanx. I did read it after I started the thread, which is why I asked for opinions or thoughts from our members.

My LHS is really pleased with the Mammoth, the store manager has one and he dropped in the 24.7 Pro motor in that thing and it just screams. They sold out of all their Mammoths for the Xmas holiday and no customers have complained about anything.:cheers:

Man my friend bought 5 mammoths and two savages and he is frickn happy.. so woud I if I had the cash to do all that. and he invited me to bash my maxx and monster gt at his own home made track somewhere on his 15 acre property. That would be a great vid and pics!

I JUST BOUGHT TWO OF THEM. BUT IT'S TOO COLD TO RUN THEM WHEN I GET HOME. ANY SUGGESTION HOW TO RUN IN COLD WEATHER? ANY ANSWER TO THAT AND I WILL TELL YOU HOW THEY RUN. THANKS

Caps off please. It's called shouting. U can run them in the cold, u just have to tune them. If it's really cold and it won't start, you can try blowdrying the head to warm it up and it should make it easier to start.

Does anyone know of any online site for aftermarket parts for the mamoth or is it too knew?

JUst like the MGT it is too NEW

Your best source for any XTM product will always be www.hobbypeople.net I am almost positive that XTM will already have many interchangable parts that will work from other vehicles. I am almost positive they would not short change themselves like that. Later

EDIT: Also just looked at the product page for the mammoth on hobbypeople and there is a hop up link page. Here is the link to the hop up page directly
http://hobbypeople.net/hopup/14561501.asp

thanks

Jon2

Thanks for the info.... apprieciate it!

C.

For winter snow running, theres the tuning issue and the snow issue. The tuning issue can be fixed by the obvious, but don't tune to lean.

The snow issue is a little more extensive. The snow melts and turns into water (duh...), when this happens, it tends to get into your battery packs, receiver and servos. You can put ballons around all of these parts and ziptie the balloons shut to protect against damage. Believe me, it's worth the time. 2 servos and a torched truck later (hit a garage doing 40 with my xxx-nt), i figured out how imparitive it is to protect against water.

XTM

They said this rig will run over 50mph right out of the box. I wonder how quick it is as compared to the other trucks out there? It looks like it has great suspension for a track but doesn't look like a basher to me (truggy). It looks like the Storm truck and the XTM are going to be tough to beat, I wonder how these two compare in performance?

Dude I saw this thing with the stock engine 24-7 witht the larger cooling head and this thing screamed at 50Mph. My LHS had a local cop use his radar to see just how fast. First run was at 44mph. second run @47 and the final run @50. This is one friggin fast ass truck. Eventhough this things goes that fast I still am happy with my MGT and The wifeys TMAXX 2.5 . It looks kinda like a buggy on steroids and a MT body.

My neighbor purchased his Mammoth a week before I purchased the Savage. It is very fast however, he is constantly having an issue with the Trans shifting properly. Even the guys at the store are having issues dialing it in. While we were there last trip there was two people with the same issue? It sticks and wont shift.

when it does shift, it screams..

C.

I watched three people buy theirs and break it in the Backlot without the tranny shifting problem!

FINALLY!!!!!

Just recieved the Mammoth today. Damn this truck is huge! I'll start the break-in tomorrow. Keep ya posted on how it runs and handle.

Team 17 please do keep us posted you are going to be the one to make up my mind to purchase the Mammoth or the Savage.

If the rain stops around here I'll be trying to kick his butt with my stock savage this weekend so we should have a good camparison by Monday.

Back