The Mammoth

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:bow: Please let there be no rain the weekend!!

Hands down the savage will not out run (speed) but will out jump, out bash and out last Mammoth... I have 1st hand experience... If you have the Mammoth save yourself a lot of money and buy the roll cage.. The onlny draw back is the roll cage mounts to bulk heads.. get the upgraded shock towers.. The bend very easy.. Also keep some front a-arms on hand.

I noticed that I have to hop-up a few parts before I do some serious bashing.

Team 17 my buddy made some custom chassis's and arms out of aluminum. I am sure I can get you a deal on them. He has them on his mammoth and its solid. Let me know and I will get some pics of them for you!!!

Sure! Send me the pics.

Here's the result of the Savage vs Mammoth:

I'll let the pics speak for themselves!

703DSC00539b-med.jpg

703DSC00538b-med.jpg

703DSC00540b-med.jpg

703DSC00535b-med.jpg

703DSCF0235-med.JPG

Guess who won!

As soon as I get em I will get you pics. My Buddy's was just like that. He changed out his chassis, the shock towers and arms for the aluminum ones. THe thing seems to be pretty durable. I still go with my MGT!!

Team 17 Dont you need more air for a front flip?

Really hard on landings i see. Real front heavy!

Nice Action pics team 17, How hard of a damn landing was that??

I'm guessing that he is trying to say that I need to adjust my needle settings to go faster to gain more air. I think.

Originally posted by newnitrofan
Nice Action pics team 17, How hard of a damn landing was that??

Very hard. It was a flush landing on the lid.

Okay guys even after seeing what happened to Team17 Mammoth I still am going to get one. 2day in fact. Found one @ a new hobby store call Viper Hobbies for 350.99 plus tax. I think it is a great deal. Website is www.viperhobbies.com but not yet finished.

I scored a new one on ebay for 320.00! Couldnt believe it went that cheap..will be here Monday.

Okay I have my Mammoth now! The thing is huge! The only bad thing on it is the shock towers tend to bend very easy! Bent mine twice! The 24.7 is krazy fast!

I had to get the 5mm towers. They don't bend at all.

my mate has one-bolted two towers together with c/sunk screws front and back. front needs the upper arms opening out a touch but no more bends
richie

My stock T-Maxx beat his Mammoth :stick:

:LoL: I know, but I had to dude. :jk:

Hey Ed lets see how the posts look on your Mammoth!!! Remember I have the other stuff too. Let me know!

Jon

I will when I recover from my shoulder surgery. And I'll put some pics up. Try get me some pics of the other stuff.

Back