The LHS did it again..another new bird.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grgbulldog

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I recently found out a guy I work with is into planes and helis. It's great because I've never had a friend that was into the hobby. We were hanging out today, I watched him fly his uMX Mosquito, and I flew my traxxas quad. Then, we went to the LHS to buy some parts for my 120sr(I'm letting him borrow it for a little while). As we're checking out he asks the guy at the desk how much the Blade 450 3d's are because they had a big stack. They were on clearance because of the new flybarless ones that are coming out. I was thinking about getting the 130x eventually, but the 450's were only 180 bucks with tax. A full hundred dollars less than the 130! I couldn't resist. It's BnF with no battery. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360882303.738298.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1360882337.572183.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1360882392.572562.jpg

Nope. Don't have a tx or a battery. I have some 1300's I used in my edge. Too low of a capacity? I may try it with my friends dx7 or my gpa's dx6i. Ill spend the down time checking everything out and researching for mods and fixes.

Yeah, flight times would be very low with those, and CG would suffer too. Most 450's run 3s 2200mah packs, and I prefer (as a lot do) the gensacearespammers packs.

Having owned multiple Blade helis, I personally would go over everything on it and make sure it's right, rather than rely on the BNF (bind n fail) mentality, but that's up to you. Every CP heli I've owned from them has been nowhere close on mechanical setup, and had issues that needed adressed before the maiden flight. I'm not saying they're bad helis, I still own a few of them and enjoy most of them, you just need to be realistic in the expectations you place on the labor force that's doing the assembly.

That's what I'm planning on doing. It's good that I don't have the necessary equipment to fly it because it would already be in the air if I did. Taking my time.

The fact that there is no tail motor makes me happy.

Do it do it!

---------- Post added at 9:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:22 PM ----------

It'll be the t-Rex's backup. How's it doing by the way? Depending on how this thing goes, that could be next.

---------- Post added at 9:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:23 PM ----------

I saw a thing that said they aren't discontinuing them, they're still going to have the rtf's.

Do it do it!

---------- Post added at 9:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:22 PM ----------

It'll be the t-Rex's backup. How's it doing by the way? Depending on how this thing goes, that could be next.

---------- Post added at 9:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:23 PM ----------

I saw a thing that said they aren't discontinuing them, they're still going to have the rtf's.

Ha ha, it's doing good. Haven't flown it in a while though, it's just too easy to take the 130x out in the driveway and throw it around there. Been too busy to fly lately also, but things are slowing down some, now I just need a weekend of good weather.

My new micro Stryker came today. 2 new birds and no tx...how are you liking the 130?

My new micro Stryker came today. 2 new birds and no tx...how are you liking the 130?

To be honest, I have mixed feelings about it. When it flies, it's awesome, and flies much bigger than it is. But, I've had a lot of issues, as have many that bought them. I'd have probably bought the double brushless MCP X had it been available then, knowing what I know now.

I've seen some of the problems it's had reading around online. I can't decide on the dx6i or the dx7s. I think the latter may be overkill for what I do.

I've seen some of the problems it's had reading around online. I can't decide on the dx6i or the dx7s. I think the latter may be overkill for what I do.

Buy the 7s, I wish I would have listened to the golden rule and buy more radio than I needed. If you buy a 6i (and don't get me wrong, I've been happy with mine), then you can do a CP heli only, no extra channels for anything in the future, like a governor or lights for example. You get twice the model memory if I remember correctly also.

I saw that. I was happy with my dsm2 6i. The wheel had a weird spot in it that bugged me though.

The -7s also has an SD card slot so you can upload and download models as well as do firmware updates. You can also put a LiPo TX pack in it and have the TX charge it safely as well as set LV cutoff.

I think the 7s is the way to go. I should have one in a couple weeks. Thanks guys.

Here's a quick flight.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=785P5a_EZ9U"]Blade 450 3D Quick Flight - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks. I took it up today again before it got too windy. Did a few flips and rolls. Handles nicely.