Let'em burn

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I am pretty lucky. Where I live I have 4 hobby shops ranging between 20 minutes to a hour away and 3 out of 4 I love the service. The closest is the one I hate the most though. They are friendly and really smart but the prices are outrageous on most of the stock. Then I have one thats inbetween two others thats my favorite. I can go in there, hour and half later walk out. They all know me by name as do I and we sit there and BS about whats new and whats going on. Sorry to hear about your LHS's sucking.

are you talking about hobby towne on airline?

he may stutter bbbut at least he ccccan help you find sssomething

I have 5 hobby shops with in 1 hour from me. I don't hardly spend any money with them because I can get it off the net much cheaper and shipped to my door. I am aslo a Team Driver for a online hobby shop which gives me 20% off of everything I need. If I spend 300.00 I get free shipping and do not have to pay taxes on the purchase.

are you talking about hobby towne on airline?

he may stutter bbbut at least he ccccan help you find sssomething

:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

what hobby shops ya refering to kurt?? in texas r la

i went to one of the lhs today and before i could even look around two guys jumped on my nuts lol guess they want that money lol even tho i was just there for some screws

I'm in east texas by tyler there are 2 or 3 in tyler and 1 in longview

I've got 2 within 10 min and 2 within 30 min from me. Both of the close shops are friendly/knowledgeable and will bs with you if they aren't busy. One doesn't stock much but will order stuff for about the same as online with shipping. The other just changed owners recently and have a nice variety. I like to go there just to look. Of the other 2, 1 I've never been to and the other was very disorganized and the guy behind the counter just sat there eyeballing me but never offered any assistance.

I still buy 90% online.

The internet is just soo darn convenient. Everything you need/want, just point click.. done. A hobby shop in general is a very niche market so unless you impress the pants off your customers they will go elseware and with internet business so easy to find navigate and shop I think majority of people do majority of their business online. I go to my "not so LHS's" for the basics. I don't even take part availability into consideration when I buy a new rig because I know I'll just end up buying online most of the time anyways. For me the best hobby shops are the "race shops". There are a couple of them around here that I'm aware of.. they carry what their customers need because they're activities support their business and their business supports their activities. If I ever am fortunate enough to be able to open a little business that's exactly the type I would build.

Sorry to hear of your bad experiences NC. I've mentioned them before but I got lucky somehow with my closest LHS. If anyone in the Seattle/Puget Sound region needs a good LHS, Remote Control Hobbies in Woodinville, WA rocks. Knowledgeable staff, no bull, no attitude. Basically a bunch of guys you'd have fun drinking beer with while out bashing.

Last time I was there I mentioned I was coming in to some spending money and would be coming down later this week to order a bunch of stuff (a drifter, 1/8 buggy, charger, lipo, receivers etc) and was looking for recommendations on what things to look at since I knew in general what I wanted but hadn't settled on many particular brands/items. Because I've been a good constant customer there the owner just made a list and ordered everything they didn't have in stock for me no money down so I wouldn't have to wait and could pick it up all at once. Then we spent a solid hour with their RC guru figuring out the best way to spend my money :)

I'm totally stoked and can't wait for tomorrow! New toys!

That is how it used to be with me and my old lhs. They knew the sound of my voice over the phone. The car guy knew my phone number by heart. I was at the point your at with your LHS.... I call em up they recognize my voice, and I could have anything I needed on order, or held for me within minutes. Without any money up front. They normally would ask for at least a deposit before they would order anything special. Hell, I would go in there just to shoot the breeze. When my order came in.. I don't know who was more excited.. Charlie or me! I really miss that place.

Last edited:
my local hobby store is pretty nice, but if your needing help, like talking about motor conversions, or something like that, their useless. I've never done any repairs through them, i do all the repairs my self.

Back