Nitromaniac Got a GS Storm at my LHS!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitroaddict

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well, Nitromaniac wanted a new buggy, and wanted a great deal. He lives about 2 hours from me, and decided to get one at my LHS with my discount. Here is what he purchased:
  • GS Storm ARR Kit
  • OS Max .21RG-X(p)
  • Hitec 645MG Servos w/ JR Connectors
  • Trinity 1300MA Rcvr Hump pack
  • OS Max Aux bolt on header

Total Price? $525.00 plus tax

He didnt do too bad i imagine?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Now for the speech on what a GREAT guy nitromaniac is!!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
He was supposed to meet me at the LHS at 515pm yesterday. We were then going to do a lil bashing and tuning with the NTC3's next to my work. I had a race for the NTC3 last night at 8pm, so I was then gonna head to the race, he would head home.

Well - I took my girlfriends Trans Am to work yesterday. Forgot that Pontiac's have a seperate key for the door locks, left that at home, and locked the car at my work. Came out to goto the hobby shop and meet him........locked out of the car.

Luckily I got a friend to drive me to the LHS. Nitromaniac proceeded to drive me all the way to my house (about 20 minutes) through rush hour traffic, and then drive me back to my Job. What a stand up guy!! We still had time to do some bashing at the parking lot, I made it to my race, and it didnt even rain.
=======================================
Spoke to Nitromaniac a lil while ago - He is gonna be bashing with his new storm all weekend - but will post some pics soon!
=======================================
Welcome another member to the 8th scale buggy club!

Last edited:
:clap: :clap: Good deeds will be returned 2 fold.
Glad to see everyone got what they wanted and more.....
Don't you wish all the members were like this?
Just think you could have had a flat tire somewhere in PA.:hump:

wasn't that great of him, Eddy? Never even met him before, and he is a relativly new member. Props to him for being such a straight up guy. I offered to buy him dinner, or some cash for the trouble, and he refused to take either.

After recent events, your experience restores my faith in humanity.

Nitromaniac, your number 1 in my book. I guess we should thank our parents for instilling honesty and decency in us as youngsters.

You are going to love your Storm. I just got one last week and am in the process of breaking it in. It will be fun to share our learning experiences with each other. (Did I say that, Next Ill be trying to give you a hug) :hump:

Just wanted to say thanks to you both for the golden words, I really enjoyed the 2hour adventure with nitroaddict, he is also a stand up guy,its well worth the drive to meet someone as intellegent as he is in this hobby, we are all constantly learning as we go through this and its nice to know that someone will take there time and patience to make sure you do the right things! yes, he offered dinner or gas money but he also tuned up my ntc3 for me in about 2 minutes and got me a deal on my storm as well, I didnt feel he owed me anything at all so I couldnt accept, a nice gesture anyway! so thanks again to NA for being a human and knowing that we were all new at this at some point! Thank you again!
now! THE STORM! I will not be going out of town this weekend to build and bash, instead I will stay home(and up all night) and build myself a storm! I already like this car, everything is well orginized and ready to finish (rtf) thats my new term for almost ready to run, thats too vague for me! I have taken a couple of pics of the begining of the build and will start a thread and post for all who are interested, This will be my first 1/8 build and I'm sure not my last! I can't wait to launch this bitch over my neighbors house cuz you know! Nothing brings the neighborhood together like NITRO!hehe!!! Thanks to all!

P.S And dont anyone try huggin me or I will stab you in the eye with a allen driver till you bleed to death! hehehehe! Just playin! lol Cya!

Last edited:
hows the storm comming? almost done?

YUP!! almost there, pics of todays build are in my gallery , check em out!

Looking like a buggy now.
Cut a 1-2mm slice of fuel tubing and slide it over the ends of your fuel hose like a little rubber-band. Its easy to do and will ensure your fuel hoses wont work themselves off. Just a quick tip..

Back